RemedySpot.com

carol g.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good to see you post! Glad it was a windy one! We learn so much from each other it isn't funny. Everyone has these little things that happen and never put them together with the RP. By someone else posting about it we realize we are not alone.

I just had a flare in my ears and nose. It is going away now. I think the flare started in the side of my neck because they thought I had an infection in the lymph's and it never stopped hurting with the antibiotic. Instead my ear started flaring. RP does attack the cartilage in the jaw I have seen posts from others. In fact there was someone recent.

Hang in there as I know you will. You don't sound like much of a quitter on anything. Glad you found us it sure sounds like you are going to be a great help in getting things done!

Lots of love

Glenda

I have a question... Has anyone had alot of pain and swelling in the jaw joints and back behind the ears down into the neck? I've had a sinus infection in my facial sinuses for two weeks, just finished the antibiotic, and of course it didn't work. But now this has spread back into the jaws and neck area. My chipmunk face from the pred is even rounder now with this stuff, and I swear my teeth are moving! My right ear is also flaring with redness and a bit swollen, but not painful. I also know I've got activity going on in my nose again. One side has already been collapsing, and now the other side is acting up. Well, I didn't write to complain, just trying to figure out if this jaw thing might be infection or RP. I'd appreciate any input.

Hi Glenda,

I'm so glad to hear your flare is going away - and I hope it stays away! Thanks so much for the insight, support and encouragement. We all need it to keep us going.It's so hard to know how RP can affect each of us. . Finding all of you, and knowing all the great things you are doing to help all of us has been the best thing that has happened for me in a long time! Keep up the great work, and keep yourself well.

Have a great weekend!

Love,

Carol

Re: Carol G.

Good to see you post! Glad it was a windy one! We learn so much from each other it isn't funny. Everyone has these little things that happen and never put them together with the RP. By someone else posting about it we realize we are not alone.

I just had a flare in my ears and nose. It is going away now. I think the flare started in the side of my neck because they thought I had an infection in the lymph's and it never stopped hurting with the antibiotic. Instead my ear started flaring. RP does attack the cartilage in the jaw I have seen posts from others. In fact there was someone recent.

Hang in there as I know you will. You don't sound like much of a quitter on anything. Glad you found us it sure sounds like you are going to be a great help in getting things done!

Lots of love

Glenda

I have a question... Has anyone had alot of pain and swelling in the jaw joints and back behind the ears down into the neck? I've had a sinus infection in my facial sinuses for two weeks, just finished the antibiotic, and of course it didn't work. But now this has spread back into the jaws and neck area. My chipmunk face from the pred is even rounder now with this stuff, and I swear my teeth are moving! My right ear is also flaring with redness and a bit swollen, but not painful. I also know I've got activity going on in my nose again. One side has already been collapsing, and now the other side is acting up. Well, I didn't write to complain, just trying to figure out if this jaw thing might be infection or RP. I'd appreciate any input.DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

hi carol g.

thank you so much for your very kind words, it truly does mean a

lot. i know what you mean about losing a father, i lost my father 6

years ago and still haven't really got over it. bill was more of

brother to me than a brother in law, i truly did love and care so

much for him.

i just don't think this has really hit my husband yet, and look out

when it does. i just hope i can handle him when it does.

again thank you for all

dawn

-- In Rpolychondritis@y..., " Carol Giordano " <mgiordano@c...> wrote:

> Dear Dawn and ,

>

> Please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy. I have been off

line myself, or would have written sooner. I understand and agree

about God's will in this. My Dad lived with lung cancer for 7 years,

which was amazing in itself. When it came back the last time, he

prepared himself and talked alot about God's plan. It wasn't until

after the cancer had started to spread to his brain that I understood

completely and agreed that he would be better relieved of this life

of suffering. It's still so hard to lose them, though.

>

> Please know that Bill will always be with you, and he will help

especially through the rough times. Billy, God and your faith will

see you through. You are also blessed with a family here that is here

for you and anytime. Feel free to vent your feelings to us, and

we will all help the best we can. Also, if you'd like to talk

privately, don't hesitate to write to me directly. I feel your pain.

Dad passed almost three years ago, he is still with me, helping me

through my struggle . I know Billy will help you too.

>

> Take good care of yourselves and each other, and know that you are

in my prayers,

>

> Carol G

> dawn and paul

>

>

> hello

>

> I just wanted to sign on and tell all of you that I am back on

line, this has been a very difficult weekend. I do so appreiciate

all of your thoughts and prayers, only the love and concern of

special friends will get us throught this.

>

> billy's death was a surpise to all of us even though he had been

sick. The Dr. kept telling us that he would make it, that the brain

tumor was gone and with rehab he would be fine. But i guess that

God had other thoughts about it.

>

> The Funeral home , person that got billy ready told us that when

he was getting him ready that he found that Billy had cancer all

threw his body, So in a way I guess that it is a blessing that God

saw fit to take him when he did.

>

> We will truly miss him, this was my husbands only brother. Again

i want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Also for

the cards that have come from some of you.

>

> dawn and paul

>

>

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

----------

>