RemedySpot.com

CAR SEATS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We got the Roundabout for the same reason, the Marathon didn't fit right in the Subaru Forrester. We too love the Roundabout and it still fits my daughter who is the size of a large 4.5 year old (She's 3.5 and off the charts). We have not had my son in the seat with his helmet on, so I don't know how that will work out. Try them out in the store.

Audra

CAR SEATSIT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND------------ --------- --------- ------For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly. org/support

Guest guest

Sorry, didn't mean to make it urgent!

:)

Kim

-----Original Message-----From: Kim Kovacs [mailto:kimkovacs@...]Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 1:25 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: RE: CAR SEATSImportance: High

Hi,

I'd tried sending this message out before a few days ago, since it was an awesome deal. But, it must have gotten pulled because it wasn't truly a plagio thing...

Hi All:

I know that this doesn't have anything to do with plagio, but I wanted to pass this savings on to everyone. :) Well, they are extra cushy for nice helmets and soon to be round heads!!!

I just picked up a Britax Roundabout for 139.99 with no shipping at babyage.com. Use JUN06 for free shipping.

http://www.babyage.com/brands/britax_car_seats_convertible_car_seats.htm

As you guys know, these are pretty expensive normally 200-250. It is the one that only fits up to 40 pounds, though. But, they are the best rated for toddlers up to that size and that includes looking at the marathons and the frontiers. Those are better for a little older child. They run at 51 points for the marathons vs. 81 points for the roundabouts in the testing.

Here is the kicker... You will have to get a collegiate one... not the prettiest I've ever seen. And, not any particular colleges I like. But.... its also about 60-100 dollars less than normal. I just looked at them at target and they were 200.00. I wanted you guys to know first as I always get great info here. So, if you need to get a carseat and are looking at Britax ones.... grab it before the 29th. And, order soon, they may have very limited quanitities. Also, drop a couple into your cart and they will come up at 139.99 for all colleges. Then, delete the ones you don't want at the price you don't want. Not sure what the problem is, but we are saving cash here. I know you guys will go the extra mile.

Thanks everyone!

Kim

-----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ]On Behalf Of cdm11382Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:06 AMPlagiocephaly Subject: CAR SEATS

IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND

Guest guest

We have the maRATHON AND LOVE IT. mY DAUGHTER WENT FROM HER INFANT SEAT TO IT WITH NO PROBLEMS. We liked it so much we forked out the money to get another for our second car. Good luck with your search.

Angie

CAR SEATS

IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND

Guest guest

I actually just posted in response to a newbie on carseats and suggested the marathon over the roundabout. We have a roundabout and decathalon (the marathon with extra infant pads, only got it b/c albee baby had it on sale for the same price as teh marathon) and I wish I had gotten a marathon instead of the roundabout. The reason why is in that post, if you dont find it I can repost

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:06 AM, cdm11382 <cdm11382@...> wrote:

IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE

BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND

WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND -- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9614412

Guest guest

wow, I am surprised. My daughter barely fits in her roundabout and is a small 3½ yr old, my 19 mo old doesnt even have that much room

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Audra <audracox@...> wrote:

We got the Roundabout for the same reason, the Marathon didn't fit right in the Subaru Forrester. We too love the Roundabout and it still fits my daughter who is the size of a large 4.5 year old (She's 3.5 and off the charts). We have not had my son in the seat with his helmet on, so I don't know how that will work out. Try them out in the store.

Audra

CAR SEATSIT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS

INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED

THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND------------ --------- --------- ------For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly. org/support

Guest guest

curious where you got the point system rating?

and she is right, regular price for a roundabout is $199 so $139 shipped is a good deal, even if you dont lik ethe cover for that price you could even buy an extra cover direct from britax to use as your main cover and use the collegiate as a backup and it would come to the $199 range so not any more than paying regular price

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Kim Kovacs <kimkovacs@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'd tried sending this message out before a few days ago, since it was an awesome deal. But, it must have gotten pulled because it wasn't truly a plagio thing...

Hi All:

I know that this doesn't have anything to do with plagio, but I wanted to pass this savings on to everyone. :) Well, they are extra cushy for nice helmets and soon to be round heads!!!

I just picked up a Britax Roundabout for 139.99 with no shipping at babyage.com. Use JUN06 for free shipping.

http://www.babyage.com/brands/britax_car_seats_convertible_car_seats.htm

As you guys know, these are pretty expensive normally 200-250. It is the one that only fits up to 40 pounds, though. But, they are the best rated for toddlers up to that size and that includes looking at the marathons and the frontiers. Those are better for a little older child. They run at 51 points for the marathons vs. 81 points for the roundabouts in the testing.

Here is the kicker... You will have to get a collegiate one... not the prettiest I've ever seen. And, not any particular colleges I like. But.... its also about 60-100 dollars less than normal. I just looked at them at target and they were 200.00. I wanted you guys to know first as I always get great info here. So, if you need to get a carseat and are looking at Britax ones.... grab it before the 29th. And, order soon, they may have very limited quanitities. Also, drop a couple into your cart and they will come up at 139.99 for all colleges. Then, delete the ones you don't want at the price you don't want. Not sure what the problem is, but we are saving cash here. I know you guys will go the extra mile.

Thanks everyone!

Kim

-----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ]On Behalf Of cdm11382

Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:06 AMPlagiocephaly Subject: CAR SEATS

IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE

BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER AND

WILL LAST LONGER. CHRISSY SAN DIEGOMOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND

-- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

Guest guest

I have both the roundabout and the marathon. Right now for my little guy I like the size of the roundabout. The marathon is big and bulky and when we put him in it it seems so large. The roundabout is just perfect for me for the next 3 years of so or when he gets to 40 pounds then we will use the marathon exclusively. Tammy

From: cdm11382 <cdm11382@...>Subject: CAR SEATSPlagiocephaly Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 3:06 PM

Guest guest

My son eric has had his band for a month now and the very first time

i put him in his infant carseat he screamed and looked very

uncomfortable. So the very next day I went out by myself shopping for

a new carseat. Since at the time he was only 5 months old I needed a

rear facing carseat, I purchased the Britax marathon, its rear facing

and the sells person said this would be the last carseat I would have

to purchase because its made for children from infants till the child

is ready to seat in a seatbelt which is like around 5 yrs old. It

cost a little bit more money but to think you never have to spend on

another again really makes the difference. I hoped this helped and I

hope all turns out well for you and your family.

christina K.

Son 6months old and plagio and tort. Hanger band for one

month

Daughter Jenasis Starr 2yrs old a great big sister

>

> From: cdm11382 <cdm11382@...>

> Subject: CAR SEATS

> Plagiocephaly

> Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 3:06 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS

> INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE

UNCOMFORTABLE IN

> IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE

> BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I

HAVE

> READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY

WISHED

> THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER

AND

> WILL LAST LONGER.

>

> CHRISSY

> SAN DIEGO

> MOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND

>

Guest guest

not exactly the last, will still need a booster seat but they arent pricey. they are not ready to use a seatbelt without a booster until they are closer to 8+ (they need to be 4'9, 8 yrs old and/or 80 lbs AND meet the criteria for fitting on the NHTSA website or they could be seriously injured or worse (I say or worse b/c kids have actually been ejected and died despite the seatbelt b/c they didnt fit properly). Havent met a 5 yr old yet who was big enough, my 1st was big and still not ready till 8½, my 2nd is 8½ now and it will be probably 2 years. Most states actually have laws requiring booster use until 6 yrs old and many even 8 yrs old now with others following suit

But one of the big things I noticed when I got my 1st Britax was padding/ It didnt seem to haev any more padding then others till I looked under teh cover. all the other seats had a piece of foam behind their uppe back like where the strap slots are and then 1 under their behind but nothing between that, the britaxs had 1 piece of foam that went from head to toe. My kids have been happier once in them then in the infants eat (so we arent bothering with an infants eat this time).

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM, <christinakrgr@...> wrote:

My son eric has had his band for a month now and the very first time i put him in his infant carseat he screamed and looked very uncomfortable. So the very next day I went out by myself shopping for a new carseat. Since at the time he was only 5 months old I needed a

rear facing carseat, I purchased the Britax marathon, its rear facing and the sells person said this would be the last carseat I would have to purchase because its made for children from infants till the child

is ready to seat in a seatbelt which is like around 5 yrs old. It cost a little bit more money but to think you never have to spend on another again really makes the difference. I hoped this helped and I hope all turns out well for you and your family.

christina K.Son 6months old and plagio and tort. Hanger band for one monthDaughter Jenasis Starr 2yrs old a great big sister> > From: cdm11382 <cdm11382@...> > Subject: CAR SEATS> Plagiocephaly > Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 3:06 PM>

> > > > > > IT IS TIME FOR US TO GET A NEW CARSEAT SINCE DYLAN HAS OUTGROWN HIS > INFANT SEAT AND HIS HELMET IS CAUSING HIM TO GET QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE IN > IT. I HAVE READ TONS OF REVIEWS AND I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE

> BRITAX MARATHON. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS ONE. I HAVE > READ A LOT ABOUT THE ROUNDABOUT TOO BUT OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WISHED > THEY WOULD HAVE SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY SINCE THE MARATHON IS BIGGER

AND > WILL LAST LONGER. > > CHRISSY > SAN DIEGO> MOM TO DYLAN 7 MONTHS 2 WEEKS STARBAND>

-- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?