RemedySpot.com

Bad day at work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Received this from one of my Navy buddies and it is a good laugh for the >day:>>> >Next time you have a bad day at work...think of this guy: Rob is a> >commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs> >underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent> >to his sister. She then sent it to Laughline, who was sponsoring a> >"worst job experience" contest. Needless to say, she won.> >> >Hi Sue,> >> >Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had bad> >day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I> >thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not> >so bad after all.> >> >Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a> >few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom> >of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of> >year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We> >have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of> >equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful> >temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose,> >which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan,> >and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get> >to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the> >back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like> >working in a Jacuzzi.> >> >Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to> >itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within> >a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my> >back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened.> >The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my> >suit. Now since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't> >stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I> >scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the> >jellyfish into my butt. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma> >over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact> >that he, along with 5 other divers, were all laughing> >hysterically.Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to> >make 3 agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling 35 minutes before> >I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I> >arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I> >climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down> >his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as> >soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't> >poop for 2 days because my butthole was swollen shut.> >> >So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much> >worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.> >