RemedySpot.com

Getting Around

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Group,

Lucy here. I just wanted to ask a question concerning the need for a scooter, wheelchair, power chair, etc. in order to go shopping, to the park, or out to get the mail ?

I would like to get an idea of just how many of us are affected for whatever the reason, with problems walking any distances or standing for long periods of time without pain in legs or back which limits our mobility.

I blame mine on Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia and I am sure RP is in the middle of the problem.

By the way, if any of you are on Medicare and have a need like I described, call The Scooter Store and ask about the Power chairs or scooters. I have a brand new Jazzy Jet 3 that The Scooter Store helped me get approved through my Rheumy and Medicare. $6300.00. Of that amount, my final copay is only $254.00. Medicare paid over $5000.00, my secondary insurance paid 80% of the remaining 20%, then my copay is the 20% of that.

I am not suggesting that every one on Medicare run out and contact The Scooter Store, but if the need is there, I want you to know that it really does help you obtain the equipment you need.

Please let me know how many of you do use one of the items listed above for getting places you need to go.

Love and Prayers, Lucy