RemedySpot.com

Re: Carol G - Neurontin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers. By you and the others being there it has helped me tremendously! I know I couldn't be enduring this without all of you!

I talked with my Neuro about this Thurs, and he told me that Neurontin is a benign drug, and the dosage can be taken up pretty high. The only down side is drowsiness, which I told him might help me at night to sleep better. My headaches are better since I've been taking it, only two breakthroughs, and I always wake up with them in the morning. So he wants me to up my nighttime dose to 900mg, which puts me at 2100 total for the day. So I think you can safely up your dose and it could be more helpful for your headaches. Don't up it without talking to your dr first, though, since you are on different meds than me, it might make a difference. I can't say it has helped with my neuropathy either, but the weird paresthesias seem less. I am going for an MRI of my neck soon. The neuro thinks I could have a problem at my C8 nerve root which could be causing some of this. Have you had any scans done for this?

I'll let you know how it turns out. I've only been having these migraine-type HAs since this whole thing started, so I don't know if those having life-long migraines would be helped by the Neurontin or not. If it's not interfering with the other meds though, it's worth a try. I'd rather be taking that than narcotics.

I know you have alot going on too, and I hope the measures you're taking will control everything for you so you can be comfortable and enjoy life to the fullest! You are also in my thoughts and prayers. Together we will get through these rough times, and look forward to the good times ahead!!

Take care. Love,

Carol

Carol G - Neurontin

In a message dated 02/12/2002 12:26:18 AM Central Standard Time, Rpolychondritis writes:

I'm already taking 1800mg Neurontin/per day for these headaches from hell that have "migrainous qualities"Carol G.,Well, bless your heart. You are having a horrible time of it, and I wish I could do something to help you. Question....you are taking Neurontin for headaches? I take 1200 mg. daily for neuropathy. Can't see that it's helping the neuropathy much. I also have horrible migraines and was curious about your statement that you take it for headaches. I had not heard of that before, and wonder if I increase my dosage if it might help the migraines.Take care of yourself and know that you're in my thoughts and I'm praying for you. BTW, I know....all the posts get absolutely overwhelming, but you do get a lot of information.Love, T. DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU