RemedySpot.com

Re: Hard to Feel Good-Carol G.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Carol,

Sorry to hear that you are having a time of it! Gish this darn ole RP can be a real pain at times. What I have to say is just my opinion and no sage advise at that. When I was first diagnosed I felt the same way you are feeling. I was so frustrated that I wasn't feeling better. RP is not like a cold that the Doctors can give you a pill for and it goes away. (Don't we all wish)

It took my Doctor at least a year or better to get my meds straightened out and for things to start working. I don't think I felt human for sometime even after the meds were straightened out. Yes I learned much patience as I am not a very patient person.LOL I liked to jump in and get things done now not tomorrow! Well that has all changed let me tell you. I do everything at a much slower pace now. I am still able to get it done but it can be frustrating at times. :o)

As for the med thing. Sometimes it takes awhile to build up to the appropriate dosage. I was on pred for several years before they were able to take me completely off it. Don't give up hope because that is the worst thing. Set in your mind that you are going to get on the top side of RP and it wont beat you! My Dr. used to laugh at me and say you don't know how to act sick! LOL I didn't want to be sick! :o)

Sure I still have rotten days but the good days outweigh the rotten ones and that is what keeps me going.

What a great idea about the thoughts and prayers all going out at the same time. Let me know and I will participate in them too!

Sorry to make this so long but I just felt the need!

Lots of love

Glenda

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/26/02 4:39:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,

eyeoreluv@... writes:

<<

What a great idea about the thoughts and prayers all going out at the same

time. Let me know and I will participate in them too!

>>

Carol G, what a great idea you had and see how many want to do it. Pick a

time girl and we will all be there.

hugs

PS are you all still putting those exercise or nonexercise quarters in a

jar. ?? Marilyn will be collecting soon.