RemedySpot.com

Good News!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just got a call from the SS office to let me know that my SSDI has been approved. According to them, I am completely disabled (gee, I hate to admit that!). But they will start paying me in the middle of April. They will be paying the difference between what L'Oreal pays me and what SSDI pays - does this make sense? EG: L'Oreal pays me $1,865 a month - 1,285 from SSDI = so L'Oreal will now pay me: $580.00 and SSDI will pay $1,285 so that between the two of them, I will still be getting $1865 per month. There, I think I have that straight not. But here is the best part! Apparently since I went on disability on 2/14/01 at full salary for six months, SSDI should have begun last August, who knew? So they are sending me a retroactive check for....are you ready! $10,017isn't that awesome? I almost fell off my chair! God, do we ever need the money, too! Last month I spent $162 dollars for prescriptions (altho' they are for a three month supply, that's still a lot of money, at least it is to me. Of course, the thing I should do is just stick it in the bank, but I really want a used car, I am sooooo tired of being trapped in the house everyday, with no way to get anywhere unless a friend takes me out. So that's my big news! I am so excited, I just can't believe something like this is happening to me! It's like winning the lottery! Love, Judy