RemedySpot.com

RE: My rheumy visit/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lu gave me that web page before and for some reason my server will not bring it up. But I do thank you.

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 10:56 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: RE: My rheumy visit

Ann, sorry to hear that you're having to deal with so much. Just wanted to let you know that I too have had several ear flares without swelling. As for dizzy spells, I started getting them this summer and never associated it with the RP until I started seeing other members' posts on this site. For what it's worth, there is an article at http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/6412/RelapsingPoly.htm that specifically says inner and middle ear involvement can occur, causing hearing loss or vertigo. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Let us know if the increased meds work.

-----Original Message-----From: Ann McClintock Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:23 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: My rhuemy visit

Well everyone I had my visit with the rheumy. He still wants a picture of myflare. I had the beginnings of a flare today the redness on my chest andthe pain. So he gave me a steroid shot. Almost went through the table. Heincreased the pred. to 25 mg. and the metho to 25 mg. Put me on paxal forthe boo hoos. Wants me to see a neurologist for my dizzy spells because youdon't get dizzy with Rp, but it does have neurology effects. Figure that oneout. And I'm not really having a flare unless my ear is really red andswollen. Well I've had flares and my ear turns red but it doesn'tnecessarily swell. My chest cavity does.Gave me some web sites to check out. Is it true that RP doesn't affect theinner ear?There is probably more but can't remember. If I think of something I'll jotit down.AnnDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU