RemedySpot.com

Re: exercises&

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Way to Go Guys!!

You've got the right idea - and putting out the challenge is the way to get everyone that can, going, and be accountable to it. Also talking and sharing ideas & experiences will make it even more fun!. I've taught group fitness classes to ages 2 to 96, for over 12 years. Right now I am forced to be completely sedentary on the insistence of my Drs until I get this cRaP more under control. I can't tell you how much I miss my exercise and my classmates!!

So, make each other classmates, and please use me for a reference with questions, ideas,etc. I'm not blowing my own horn, but I do have an American Council on Exercise and a YMCA of the USA certification, so maybe I can help. Please be careful though to do what you need to avoid injury, especially stretching!

I'll be with you in spirit - ALL THE WAY!

Go for it!!

Carol G

Re: exercises

Hey, RPcisers(?): I think I may have heard you all groan whenever I have mentioned how important I think exercise/diet are. But exercising in some way as a group might be a fun way to get started and keep each other motivated. You know, if you tell yourself, "I'm going to walk for 1 minute 3 days in a row, and then 2 minutes the next 3 days, you've just started a progressive exercise program. If walking is not your thing, you can grab a can of soup and lift it 5 times per arm for 3 days, and build up from there. Since everyone starts at a different fitness level, your own doctor - when asked - can give you a list of exercises that take into consideration your physical limitations. I went to our hospital's Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center and asked them for a copy of their warm-up and cool-down stretches. These are for people who are starting from scratch after major surgery. If your breathing is compromised (like mine) they can also give you a little sheet describing 'pursed lip breathing'.The benefits are many, but for me exercise is one part of my life that I can control. With different doctors telling me what to do, what pills to choke down, get this scanned, have that x-ray'd, I started feeling like they had taken charge of my life. But exercising has taken the place of my job and is something I have to work at. I'm my own personal trainer. The payoff is that my musculo-skeletal system is staying in shape so that when the RP cure comes along to repair my cartilege, I'm going to be ready.If we begin something as a group and are accountable to each other, we might just stay with it and provide support when we can't exercise and have to start over again. Your thoughts/comments? -- DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU