RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm Pissed and need to vent sharyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi sharyn

the last time i checked the law in my state of west virginia. if your salaried then they can't charge you for vacation time, unless you take the whole day off or work less than the appointed hours. my advice is to check with the wage and hour board in your state and see what the laws in your state are.

also it may depend on how many people are working for your company, i know its not fair but sometimes if theyare a very small company with less than so many employees the state laws do not apply in certain area. so find out the laws for your state and the companyu.

keep venting thats what we are here for.

take care

dawn

sharyn1948 wrote: Hi everyoneYep...forgive the language...but I'm really pissed. You know I have been working for this company heading now almost 6 years. I was hired "salaried". I work on the average of 50 to 55 hours a week. I normally am not sick...have only missed one day due to illness I think in two or three years.Sure I have doctor appts...however I still am able to put in "over" 40 hours a week.Now listen to this. Last Friday I came into work around my normal time...either 6:30 to 6:45 AM...I left work around 9:20 AM because I had to go out to the military base which is 80 plus miles away from where my job is. This is a must in order for me to be allowed to receive medication and other medical needs when and if I drop the health program from my employer. Keep in mind my medication costs even with a perscription card is costing close and sometimes over $300 a month. With my new privilidges that cost is zero.Now the reason I'm so pissed is I was charged 6 hours vacation time for taking that time off. I don't think this is right since I do work more than a normal 40 hours and I have never worked for a place that if one is salaried they charge for time off when so much time is put in. I gave up being hourly when I first came here giving up $7,000 a year. Now what do you think I should do about this one?I am also being pushed to get a second opinion regarding RP since it does not show up in blood work. I have no problems with this either, but won't go to a Rheumy who knows Jack about it.Do you think I have an EEO case against the company I am working for or what???HugsSharynPS...Thanks for hearing me outDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU