RemedySpot.com

Re: New med --

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks! I had never heard of colchicine before and it is so good to know thatit has helped others. Well, I am off to breakfast and to take my first dose!

Kathleen (Tx)

RE: New med

Hi Kathleen,

My rheumy has me taking 0.6mg of colchicine twice a day at the first sign of a flare anywhere (eye, ear, ribs, joints etc). She instructed me to take it until I get diarrhea (usually 3 to 4 days later). I am also on 15mg of Methotrexate weekly. The Colchicine reduced the duration and intensity of my flares. With the addition of the Methotrexate, I do not have as many flares. I've not had scalp sores or a rash but my scalp has become extremely tender. Feel better soon!

-----Original Message-----From: Kathleen Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:05 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: New med

Hi all.

Went in to see the rheumy this morning as I am having a flare up. He has upped the pred to 30 mg and wants to add Colchicine. Has anybody else tried this one? He said it has far fewer side effects than the others, MTX, Imuran, or Dapsone. I just hope it works. He also wants me into the ENT again as my trachea is acting up this time :-(

Also, have any of you guys ever gotten a rash/sores on your scalp? I do and it HURTS. He said it was probably some sort of a local infection and gave me some antibiotic cream for it. He said, "There's no cartilage on the top of your head!" Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink... Anyway, if you guys have ever had this (or anything similar) please let me know!

Kathleen (Tx) DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU