RemedySpot.com

Fw: Martha's way vs. my way

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, you can't say I'm not democratic. I now also know the reason why I DON"T like Martha...the know it all! Love, Judy Fw: Martha vs meMartha vs me.Martha's way #1: Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugarcone to prevent icecream drips. My way: Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone,for Pete's sake, youare probably lying on the couch with your feet upeating it anyway. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #2: To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in thebag with the potatoes. My way: Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix and keep it in thepantry for up to ayear. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #3: When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan,use a bit of the drycake mix instead and there won't be any white mess onthe outside of thecake. My way: Go to the bakery. They'll ev! en decorate it for you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #4: If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's stillcooking, drop in apeeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt foran instant "fix meup". My way: If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that'stoo damn bad. Mymotto: I made it and you will eat it and I don't carehow bad it tastes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #5: Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in therefrigerator and it willkeep for weeks. My way: Celery? Never heard of the stuff. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #6: Brush some beaten egg white over piecrust beforebaking to yield abeautiful glossy finish. My way: The Mrs. frozen pie directions do not includebrushing egg whitesover the crust an! d so I don't do it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #7: Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half andrub it on yourforehead. The throbbing will go away. My way: Martha, dear, the only reason this works is becauseyou can't rub a lime onyour forehead without getting lime juice in your eye,and then the problemisn't the headache anymore, it is because you are now BLIND! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #8: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze intoice cubes for futureuse in casseroles and sauces. My way: Leftover wine? Now that's hilarious! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #9: If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latexdishwashing gloves.They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jarseasy. My way: Go ask the very cute ! neighbor to do it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Martha's way #10: Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Justslice and rub rawpotato on the stains and rinse. My way: Mashed potatoes will now be replacing theanti-bacterial soap in the handydispenser next to my sink.__________________________________________________