RemedySpot.com

Crawling

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/20/01 4:43:53 PM Central Daylight Time, admin@...

writes:

> I usually don't post; but I just had to chime in on this one! LOL my

> NDA 34 year old daughter rolled everywhere she went too and did NOT

> crawl--I was sooooo worried as a new mom that she would never walk

> because I had read that you HAD to crawl or reading would suffer as

> would other motor skills--- hogwash-- she was reading at 4!

> Sometimes we just worry too much.

>

> Ginger West

>

My brother and sister were twins and when they were just little they

would be sitting on the floor playing, then soon they would still be sitting

there but in different places. It was quite awhile before we actually saw

them move but they sat there and scooted with their feet. I guess a lot of

kids do this, but it had us bamboozled for awhile. Jessie

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He

can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly

he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee

activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that

booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a

torticollis/plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that

stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he

will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet,

I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all

well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then

2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started

wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will

sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.

Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial Helmet

Michigan

Guest guest

Hi there-

I don't believe it's related. My daughter did the rolling thing and

didn't crawl until she was 9-10 months old, and she didn't have tort

or plagio. My son, who did have both, military crawled for months

and didn't get up on his knees until 11 months old. All babies crawl

in different ways and at different rates. I suppose if you got to 12

months or older and he still wasn't crawling or pulling up, that

would be a concern. But I think you're fine for now. Hopefully he'll

start really crawling in the next month or so.

Glad you're almost done! Please post an update and photos when he's

graduated. We don't have too many moms using the cranial helmet from

Michigan and it will be great to have for reference.

Jake-22m (tort resolved/rt plagio/DOCBand #2 7 weeks)

Jordan-4

>

> Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling

yet? He

> can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his

belly

> he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no

knee

> activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but

that

> booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a

> torticollis/plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that

> stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know

he

> will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile

yet,

> I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are

all

> well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks,

then

> 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He

started

> wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok,

will

> sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.

>

>

> Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial Helmet

> Michigan

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

My daughter was good with all her milestones, and crawled with her

bottom up about 8.5 mo. Before that she did the soldier crawl with

her arms starting at 7 mo. She walked by 10 mo, which is pretty early,

and started walking around the same time. I don't think your son is

behind at all from how you describe things.

-christine

sydney 2.5 yrs starband grad

>

> Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He

> can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly

> he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee

> activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that

> stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he

> will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet,

> I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all

> well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then

> 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started

> wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will

>

>

> Michigan

>

Guest guest

i wouldnt think it is related, my plagio babyw as crawling at 6 mo whereas my nephew didnt start crawling till 11 months (and walked shortly thereafter), just different ranges of normal

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 5:45 PM, hfix2002 <hfix2002@...> wrote:

Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee

activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a torticollis/plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that

stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet, I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all

well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will

sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial HelmetMichigan -- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9614412

Guest guest

Hi,

I think it might be related to lack of tummy time. My daughter did not do much tummy time, which I believe contributed to her plagiocephaly. As a result, she did not gain as much upper body strength. She started to commando crawl at 9 1/2 months and finally started crawling normally at 11 months.

It sounds like your son is gaining strength in his upper body, so hopefully should start at least commando crawling soon.

Candace

(Mother to DD who wore a DOC band for 13 weeks)

Plagiocephaly From: hfix2002@...Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:45:54 +0000Subject: Crawling

Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a torticollis/plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet, I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial HelmetMichigan Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

Guest guest

I had the same concerns as you have now. All kids meet milestones at certain times. I have been told by many moms, both on this board and off, "don't compare your baby to other babies". My son is almost 8 months and not doing anything even remotely close to crawling. I asked at Pt and they told me that they are not concerned, due to the fact that he is very strong. My son has a strong desire to walk. He pulls up on us and is trying to pull up on the furniture. It is hard not to compare, especially ehen you hear of other kids crawing or talking at this age. I will just keep working with him. Your right about counting your

blessings. My son does have 6 teeth already....not normal for his age. Good Questions. Thanks for posting!

mom to Bryce (7 months), 9 weeks in Starband...very soon to graduate!

Re: Crawling

Hi ,My daughter was good with all her milestones, and crawled with herbottom up about 8.5 mo. Before that she did the soldier crawl withher arms starting at 7 mo. She walked by 10 mo, which is pretty early,and started walking around the same time. I don't think your son isbehind at all from how you describe things.-christinesydney 2.5 yrs starband grad >> Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He > can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly > he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee > activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that > booty won't come

off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a > torticollis/ plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that > stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he > will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet, > I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all > well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then > 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started > wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will > sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.> > > Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial Helmet> Michigan>

Guest guest

My daughter is definitely a late bloomer. She is 8 1/2 months old and has no desire what so ever to walk, crawl, or even roll over. She is content with sitting and playing all day. When I took her to the doctor they said she was fine, that everyone does things at different ages. So...we are just sitting back waiting for the day she decides she is going to do something.

From: Palmer <reeby@...>Subject: Re: Re: CrawlingPlagiocephaly Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 11:39 AM

I had the same concerns as you have now. All kids meet milestones at certain times. I have been told by many moms, both on this board and off, "don't compare your baby to other babies". My son is almost 8 months and not doing anything even remotely close to crawling. I asked at Pt and they told me that they are not concerned, due to the fact that he is very strong. My son has a strong desire to walk. He pulls up on us and is trying to pull up on the furniture. It is hard not to compare, especially ehen you hear of other kids crawing or talking at this age. I will just keep working with him. Your right about counting your blessings. My son does have 6 teeth already....not normal for his age. Good Questions. Thanks for posting!

mom to Bryce (7 months), 9 weeks in Starband...very soon to graduate!

Hi ,My daughter was good with all her milestones, and crawled with herbottom up about 8.5 mo. Before that she did the soldier crawl withher arms starting at 7 mo. She walked by 10 mo, which is pretty early,and started walking around the same time. I don't think your son isbehind at all from how you describe things.-christinesydney 2.5 yrs starband grad >> Anyone out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He > can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly > he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee > activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that > booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a

> torticollis/ plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that > stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he > will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet, > I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all > well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then > 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started > wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will > sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.> > > Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial Helmet> Michigan>

Guest guest

The doctor said that since she has been sitting up since she was 5 months old he wasn't concerned. I do believe that if she really wanted to she would...but she chooses to just sit around and do nothing. she has been diagnosed with plagiocephaly but has not been banded because the doctor hasn't recommended it. I know 9 mos is a little late but that is when I was planning on pushing the issue. We live in Germany and since houses aren't equiped with A/C I felt that it would be too hot during the summer to band her. Our house stays around 80 degrees during the summer and i didn't think she could handle it...I know I have a real hard time with. So...we are almost at the 9 month mark and i guess I better get my butt in gear. when I go I am going to ask for a CT scan and for PT. I know there is a place in Barcelona

and England. I haven't decided where I am going to take her yet. I might be easier for me to take time off from my job and move to the states for that time. I haven't decided yet.

Thanks for your input.

Toni

From: barinm@... <barinm@...>Subject: Re: CRAWLINGPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:17 AM

Delay in milestones with any child, but particularly with those who already have a diagnosed condition such as torticollis or plagiocephaly, must be attended to. I am surprised that a PT is not addressing delays as mentioned in another post. A child of 9 months not rolling is delayed by nearly 50% and in this country that is a factor that makes them eligible for early intervention treatment for a reason. There are valuable component skills that are developed with rolling, crawling, etc that contribute to later skills or the coordination that we see in later skill development or the appearance of later skills. I suggest a call to your local child find, early intervention, etc for an evaluation. Walsh, RPTPediatric Developmental Physical Therapist

The Famous, the Infamous, the Lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!

Guest guest

My son is 11 months and gets around completely on his stomach (not

true crawling with his tummy off the floor). I asked the ped who

said it perhaps -- along with his head issues -- came from lack of

tummy time. I also think it's because we don't have carpeting in our

house. When my son is on our comfy bed, he comes up on his knees and

does downward-dog position (for those of you who know yoga) no

problem. I have read that babies adjust their crawling styles to

suit floor surfaces, so that's probably it too.

But I have to think that wearing a helmet would have an effect on

development, too, since it adds extra weight, cuts peripheral vision,

makes you overheat easily, etc.

>

yet? He

belly

knee

that

yet,

then

started

will

>

>

> Michigan

>

Guest guest

My son is just over 2 and he didn't start crawling until 3 days after his first birthday. He sat up on his own very early but had no interest in doing anything else. He had a very laid back personality at that age. We have our first appt. with a neurosergeon Aug. 11 to get a diagnosis. His right side is very flat. I read alot of the same thing. I have been wondering if they are related since reading everyone elses stories. Caleb has not had a helmet, but should of had one. He did though walk at 14 months.

My son is 11 months and gets around completely on his stomach (not true crawling with his tummy off the floor). I asked the ped who said it perhaps -- along with his head issues -- came from lack of tummy time. I also think it's because we don't have carpeting in our house. When my son is on our comfy bed, he comes up on his knees and does downward-dog position (for those of you who know yoga) no problem. I have read that babies adjust their crawling styles to suit floor surfaces, so that's probably it too.But I have to think that wearing a helmet would have an effect on development, too, since it adds extra weight, cuts peripheral vision, makes you overheat easily, etc.>> Anyone

out there have a kid-o that is 9 months and not crawling yet? He > can turn himself well and sometimes does the butt-scootch, on his belly > he will roll to get to places, he will push way up on his arms, no knee > activity yet! He will even reach until he is all the way over but that > booty won't come off the floor! Just curious to know if it's a > torticollis/ plagio thing - can't help but think to relate to that > stuff. I am happy I can quick leave a room and come back to know he > will be right there - I should count my blessings he isn't mobile yet, > I know! But just wanted to throw this out there. I hope you are all > well. We are almost done with the helmet - 2 more full time weeks, then > 2 part time weeks then done! He had amazing results, quick. He started > wearing at 5 months and he is almost done. Awesome... blessed! Ok, will

> sign off. Can't wait to hear from you all.> > > Momma to Braydon 9 months, Cranial Helmet> Michigan>

Guest guest

>my daughter will be 1 at the end of this month and she is not

crawling yet...shes almost is, ....she had severe torticollis from

early on(2 months) that got alot better around 9 or 10 months, so we

knew there would be some delays. shes in p.t 2 times a week and has

had her cranial helmet for 3 months(with no change yet) I would see

what her p.t says and from my experience the p.t is better to ask

than the docs. take care-mandy

yet? He

belly

knee

that

yet,

then

started

will

>

>

> Michigan

>