RemedySpot.com

Part 4

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Part 4 :

What is the hardest Part in dealing with our loved ones RP ??

Ok for me RP is the worst disease in the world !! Yup, I do not handle this very well at all. Because RP is so unpredictable. I have seen Don doing great in the morning and by evening having the biggest dam flare. So I had to learn how to deal with it the best way I could. That was very hard because I really think Don was in denial for a long time. But

after our trip back from the Mayo Clinic I knew

how important it was for him to take his Medicine and Vitamins ON TIME every day. And there is our BIGGEST problem still yet.

I do lay out his meds everyday for him and I do make sure he does take it ON TIME. But at times I do get so mad because he just does not do it like he should. Of course I only allow him a 15 min leeway. Here lately he is doing a

Little better LOL He finally realized this is the only time I get mad at him and it was bad for his health and mine. LOL The other part I am very grateful for is our kids and all our Friends have a great understanding about dealing with RP. Yes I am not the only one that makes sure Don does what he is supposed to do when it comes to his Medicine and Vitamins.

When he was working his buddies always made sure he took his meds right after lunch.

What could he do to help us to help him ??

Well take his Medicine and Vitamins ON TIME

with out fuss everyday !!! Tell me when he starts hurting instead waiting to darn long before he does something about it. I am not a mind reader!!! I know it is hard when your sick like that but hey it can be controlled !!!!! The sooner you do something about it the sooner it goes back in a sleeping Mood. I do think Don does now realizes this and is trying a little harder now.

The only good thing that came with the RP in Don was it made me loose 50 Pounds in a hurry. LOL The other good thing for now is Don is OFF the Prenison. I know someday he might have to take it again and this is ok. In the mean time I just need to make sure that all his Drs. do what the can for him.And here is where we all need to learn what can be done about that. Remember some times we need to tell them, hey you do that test or that one after all we are paying your salary here. The other very important part is NEVER Loose faith ask God to guide us and give us strength. He does listen you know.

Heidi