RemedySpot.com

RE: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am also having a really hard time getting my 6 month old to get use to tummy time. He really hates it and starts crying within 2 minutes. I am getting really worried because he likes to sit up alot. He also starts to move his head from side to side alot too. He does this alot when he is trying to sleep. He does this really fast now. should I be worried. Has anyone else been through this with your kids?

From: cchudacoff <cvchudacoff@...>Subject: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleepPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:07 PM

I actually have two questions that are sort of related. My 6.25 mo (Starband 6 weeks) never liked tummy time and still doesn't. We've just seen a PT and she really wants me to enforce the tummy time at home, all the time, even though baby really cries through it. He's been sitting up like a 7 month old since 5 months and much prefers to be sitting up, or even standing up holding on to something with help. To avoid tummy time, baby rolls out of it onto his back, but won't roll from his back to his tummy again. The PT warned me against the sitting too much because she says he'll become a "bottom scooter" and won't learn how to crawl, which helps develop eye hand coordination, etc. I guess my question is this: Should I be worried? I'm not going to torture the poor guy all day on his tummy. Does the helmet or a big head make tummy time more difficult?Next question is this: Recently, to sleep, he's

started rolling (asleep I assume) from his back to his side and then to his tummy and then wakes up to find he can't get out of that position. We are also in the midst of sleep training (again) and our Ped says to leave him in that position so he can learn how to get out of it by himself. It makes sense, but I am also a bit nervous leaving him there, sometimes with his face wedged into the corner. I feel like the helmet makes the rolling more difficult?? Has anyone experience with this? Any words of wisdom?Thank you!Cecilymom to Diego, 6.25 months, Starband 6 weeksSan Francisco, CA

When you say side to side, do you mean rotating from shoulder to shoulder, looking to each side? or do you mean like a rocking motion, where his whole upper torso moves along side to side with his head, like he's dancing? My 6 mo has recently started this rocking motion, which I wasn't expecting. it's cute but is it normal?

Plagiocephaly From: samrik2004@...Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:53:17 -0800Subject: Re: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleep

I am also having a really hard time getting my 6 month old to get use to tummy time. He really hates it and starts crying within 2 minutes. I am getting really worried because he likes to sit up alot. He also starts to move his head from side to side alot too. He does this alot when he is trying to sleep. He does this really fast now. should I be worried. Has anyone else been through this with your kids?

From: cchudacoff <cvchudacoffhotmail>Subject: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleepPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:07 PM

I actually have two questions that are sort of related. My 6.25 mo (Starband 6 weeks) never liked tummy time and still doesn't. We've just seen a PT and she really wants me to enforce the tummy time at home, all the time, even though baby really cries through it. He's been sitting up like a 7 month old since 5 months and much prefers to be sitting up, or even standing up holding on to something with help. To avoid tummy time, baby rolls out of it onto his back, but won't roll from his back to his tummy again. The PT warned me against the sitting too much because she says he'll become a "bottom scooter" and won't learn how to crawl, which helps develop eye hand coordination, etc. I guess my question is this: Should I be worried? I'm not going to torture the poor guy all day on his tummy. Does the helmet or a big head make tummy time more difficult?Next question is this: Recently, to sleep, he's started rolling (asleep I assume) from his back to his side and then to his tummy and then wakes up to find he can't get out of that position. We are also in the midst of sleep training (again) and our Ped says to leave him in that position so he can learn how to get out of it by himself. It makes sense, but I am also a bit nervous leaving him there, sometimes with his face wedged into the corner. I feel like the helmet makes the rolling more difficult?? Has anyone experience with this? Any words of wisdom?Thank you!Cecilymom to Diego, 6.25 months, Starband 6 weeksSan Francisco, CA Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

my daughter is just about 7 months old and she just started about 3 or 4 days ago a rocking motion likes she dancing...its so cute and i think very normal

Tori-DOCband graduate 10/6/08-11/24/08

From: cchudacoff <cvchudacoff@ hotmail.com>Subject: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleepPlagiocephalyDate: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:07 PM

I actually have two questions that are sort of related. My 6.25 mo (Starband 6 weeks) never liked tummy time and still doesn't. We've just seen a PT and she really wants me to enforce the tummy time at home, all the time, even though baby really cries through it. He's been sitting up like a 7 month old since 5 months and much prefers to be sitting up, or even standing up holding on to something with help. To avoid tummy time, baby rolls out of it onto his back, but won't roll from his back to his tummy again. The PT warned me against the sitting too much because she says he'll become a "bottom scooter" and won't learn how to crawl, which helps develop eye hand coordination, etc. I guess my question is this: Should I be worried? I'm not going to torture the poor guy all day on his tummy. Does the helmet or a big head make tummy time more difficult?Next question is this: Recently, to sleep, he's

started rolling (asleep I assume) from his back to his side and then to his tummy and then wakes up to find he can't get out of that position. We are also in the midst of sleep training (again) and our Ped says to leave him in that position so he can learn how to get out of it by himself. It makes sense, but I am also a bit nervous leaving him there, sometimes with his face wedged into the corner. I feel like the helmet makes the rolling more difficult?? Has anyone experience with this? Any words of wisdom?Thank you!Cecilymom to Diego, 6.25 months, Starband 6 weeksSan Francisco, CA

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

he moves his head from shoulder to shoulder as if he is saying no. It worries me because I keep thinking that something is wrong with his head.

From: cchudacoff <cvchudacoff@ hotmail.com>Subject: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleepPlagiocephalyDate: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:07 PM

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

My daughter was doing that way before her band. I don't think there's nothing to worry about. I think its just their way of finding a comfy spot to sleep.Nina

Plagiocephaly From: samrik2004@...Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:33:01 -0800Subject: RE: Questions re: Tummy Time and rolling over in sleep

he moves his head from shoulder to shoulder as if he is saying no. It worries me because I keep thinking that something is wrong with his head.

I actually have two questions that are sort of related. My 6.25 mo (Starband 6 weeks) never liked tummy time and still doesn't. We've just seen a PT and she really wants me to enforce the tummy time at home, all the time, even though baby really cries through it. He's been sitting up like a 7 month old since 5 months and much prefers to be sitting up, or even standing up holding on to something with help. To avoid tummy time, baby rolls out of it onto his back, but won't roll from his back to his tummy again. The PT warned me against the sitting too much because she says he'll become a "bottom scooter" and won't learn how to crawl, which helps develop eye hand coordination, etc. I guess my question is this: Should I be worried? I'm not going to torture the poor guy all day on his tummy. Does the helmet or a big head make tummy time more difficult?Next question is this: Recently, to sleep, he's started rolling (asleep I assume) from his back to his side and then to his tummy and then wakes up to find he can't get out of that position. We are also in the midst of sleep training (again) and our Ped says to leave him in that position so he can learn how to get out of it by himself. It makes sense, but I am also a bit nervous leaving him there, sometimes with his face wedged into the corner. I feel like the helmet makes the rolling more difficult?? Has anyone experience with this? Any words of wisdom?Thank you!Cecilymom to Diego, 6.25 months, Starband 6 weeksSan Francisco, CA

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today. Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.