RemedySpot.com

Re: [TMIC] HOS. CARE quality helping

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,

The care we get does depend on us alot I think. When we hurt so bad and just plain miserable I've had good care from most of the people in the hospital and rehab. I believe they understand and if you have a good attitude toward them they return it. I also know that some places are no good at all and it is depressing. When I was at UNC of Chapel Hill in N.C where I was dx with TM, I was allowed outside after I saw the dr. and was done with whatever needed to be done. I came in for my pills and I even was allowed to go out at night if I wanted, it was for fresh air and to smoke, even at 1 am.

When I went ot rehab I did everything I could and it was alot, even when it was hard. There was only a few things I couldn't really do. One of the nurses was impressed and told me that their job was to help when we needed it but we were to keep trying. Some excepted everything to be done for them,even on the day of their discharge they would ask for the bed pan. LOL They had been using the bathrooom there. I was on Decadron and only slept 1 hour a day and the evening and night people were so great and let me outside all night, it was a place between 2 buildings, a huge long patio. I told them when I went out and came in. I am from N.H. and it was in the spring and nice and cool at night, they thought I was crazy, little did they know I was and still am. LOL

When I was discharged I went to my home instead of my sister's. I could do everything by myself except a shower til after I had the side cut out. It sure was hard but I didn't want to be waited on. My Mom came for a visit and she couldn't do anything for me either. I think if you are able to do for yourself it can be a bad habit for someone to help you, you become dependent and I like my independence.n There are somethings help is needed, I have a nephew that had to be waited on for awhile but now he is so lazy he can hardly do a thing that is asked of him now.`

It is so frustrating to have TM and know it can last a lifetime. When you beat the odds, or thought so, it is some what overwhelming when a disease comes back to haunt you. Atleast I knew I had to accept it as I did in79. You don't have to like it but the quicker you learn to deal with it in your own way the better off a person is. Your attitude is what will get you better with every day plus with family and friends to support you. A group like this is what every one needs for their disease and this is a great group. The questions and answers are what all TMers are lookinhg for.

This my opion and I hope all of you had a good weekend.

Your fried

Sally

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,

The care we get does depend on us alot I think. When we hurt so bad and just plain miserable I've had good care from most of the people in the hospital and rehab. I believe they understand and if you have a good attitude toward them they return it. I also know that some places are no good at all and it is depressing. When I was at UNC of Chapel Hill in N.C where I was dx with TM, I was allowed outside after I saw the dr. and was done with whatever needed to be done. I came in for my pills and I even was allowed to go out at night if I wanted, it was for fresh air and to smoke, even at 1 am.

When I went ot rehab I did everything I could and it was alot, even when it was hard. There was only a few things I couldn't really do. One of the nurses was impressed and told me that their job was to help when we needed it but we were to keep trying. Some excepted everything to be done for them,even on the day of their discharge they would ask for the bed pan. LOL They had been using the bathrooom there. I was on Decadron and only slept 1 hour a day and the evening and night people were so great and let me outside all night, it was a place between 2 buildings, a huge long patio. I told them when I went out and came in. I am from N.H. and it was in the spring and nice and cool at night, they thought I was crazy, little did they know I was and still am. LOL

When I was discharged I went to my home instead of my sister's. I could do everything by myself except a shower til after I had the side cut out. It sure was hard but I didn't want to be waited on. My Mom came for a visit and she couldn't do anything for me either. I think if you are able to do for yourself it can be a bad habit for someone to help you, you become dependent and I like my independence.n There are somethings help is needed, I have a nephew that had to be waited on for awhile but now he is so lazy he can hardly do a thing that is asked of him now.`

It is so frustrating to have TM and know it can last a lifetime. When you beat the odds, or thought so, it is some what overwhelming when a disease comes back to haunt you. Atleast I knew I had to accept it as I did in79. You don't have to like it but the quicker you learn to deal with it in your own way the better off a person is. Your attitude is what will get you better with every day plus with family and friends to support you. A group like this is what every one needs for their disease and this is a great group. The questions and answers are what all TMers are lookinhg for.

Your fried

Sally

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,

Your fried

Sally