Guest guest

Sharon, is sure sounds like you have a reason to be depressed. I think any

kind of surgery puts you into a bit of depression even when everything runs

smoothly. You sure have had your share of it. Hang in there, I know it is

so hard and it's easy for me to say, but I just know this will all be behind

you soon.

Know that there are many of us out here sending good thoughts and prayers

your way. Please keep us informed as to what is happening. And feel free to

vent all you want. That is why we are here.

Know I think of you daily

hugs

Guest guest

Dear Sharon, my doctors for any wound say to use Mycitracin. Its available in

grocery stores or anyplace,always keep it on hand. Sure does do the

job...Just my input...Love, Sue M

Guest guest

sharon i just got around to reading my email today and was so sorry to hear you are suffering so and going through so much. i would call the surgeon about the eye pain and infection. i hope by now you are doing better and in alot less pain. it must be so hard for you! what antibiotic ointment are you using? bactroban is a prescription one that really works well. I'll be praying for you and hope and pray your sight returns in your right eye, and that your all better real soon. i don't know whether this will work for you or not, but if a patient called and stated that he/she felt they really needed an office visit with the doctor he would always see them or send them to the ER because if it turned out that something was seriously wrong and he refused the patient it was grounds for a lawsuit. so maybe if you told the doctor or staff that you felt you had to be seen today they would see you and if they said no ask if you should go to the ER then. it works all the time with the doctor i had worked for. at the very least i would think the doctor would speak to you personally. i hope this helps. if i can help in anyway let me know ok? sue park

not doing well

I was running a low grade fever (99.7) and getting chills. I had to go see the surgeon that did my surgery 3 weeks ago today. It seems like I have an infection in one of the places I was cut about an inch above my ear. He took a culture and put me on the Z pack but I already was on antibiotics this whole time. It seems like I don't want to heal right. Of course being on the prednisone doesn't help. I am a mess. I have to put straight peroxide on the parts that are infected and then put an antibiotic ointment on afterwards. It takes about 3-5 days for the results of the culture. I don't know if I believe that this is what's causing me to have a fever and chills or if it's my RP. I called the Rheumy yesterday too and his nurse called back and told me to go to my PCP and I told her that the PCP would not treat me because she wants me to see the Rheumy. The nurse called me back from the Rheumy and said she will talk to the doctor and get back to me and she didn't! Also my eye that I had the procedure done on Fri. is giving me a lot of pain. I am so sick of being sick and having one thing after another happening. It's like when I wake up in the morning there is always something else to deal with. (waiting for the other show to drop)--and I don't want to live this way. I still haven't gotten any of my eye sight back in my right eye either. Sorry for going on and complaining but I am so depressed about everything that I needed to vent. Thank you for listening. Love, Sharon

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU