RemedySpot.com

Re: Pain Management????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

--- Lee27a@... wrote:

> Today I saw the surgeon and I was almost in tears.

> The pain where the sites

> are are very, very painful! My head is very swollen

> and healing very slowly.

> He injected, into my head, 10 shots of lidocaine

> and kenalog. I am using my

> pain meds from the surgery still and he thought it

> would be a good idea to

> see a doctor in pain management. (in the meantime I

> can't even hold up my

> head from all of the pain). He said between the

> infection and the scar

> tissue not healing right that it will cause me pain

> for a while. (no

> kidding, he should only have it)! !!!!!!!! I

> actually have 10 holes in my

> head from the long needles. Anyway, is anyone

> familiar with pain

> management?? What does the doctor do there. He

> gave me a name of a pain

> management doctor but I have NO idea what they do.

> Thanks in advance.

>

> Love,

> Sharon

>

Sharon, this would probably be a good idea. The doc

specializes in pain so he will probably have a better

idea of what meds would suit you, also I believe they

teach you techniques to help you help yourself, as

well. I had a friend who went to one for intractable

back pain, and they gave her steroid shots and taught

her a lot about relaxation and that sort of thing.

Obviously it is different for pain in your head, but

if I were you I would make an appt as soon as

possible. You are having a really rough time at the

moment, and if all our prayers and positive thoughts

could make it go away we would be happy for you! I

hope you feel better soon, love Liz

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

Pain management is okay but sometimes the waiting list is long . If that happens make sure to call your dr. so you can get in sooner. The waiting list for me was long for my shingles it was 1 1/2 mos, I didn't push it cuz I wanted to go to the Chiropractor and that was within 5 days. I sure wish you the best luck in getting the the infection and most of all the pain under control. It is the scariest when we don't know what can be done and end the ordeal. You pray things will get better and it doesn't forever either. I think all of us at one time or another has had this problem, I have, but in you case it is alot worse. With all of our prayers and thoughts you will get better soon. You take care and God Bless you and your family.

Love ya lots

Sally

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

Lucy here, I go to a pain management Dr. who is kinda geared for the Fibromyalgia patients. I was first put on Methadone (ugh!), I was not doing well on it, too strong, so he has me on Darvocet. It does handle my pain very well. However, from the sound of it, my pain is in no way as intense as your's is!!! Poor thing, I know you are in misery!!! I cannot say that I know what you are going through because I can not imagine what it is like to experience what you describe.

You take care, check into the pain management, I go once a month to have my prescription refilled and to talk to him if I have any questions.

Love and Prayers, Lucy in North Carolina

-- Pain Management????

Today I saw the surgeon and I was almost in tears. The pain where the sites are are very, very painful! My head is very swollen and healing very slowly. He injected, into my head, 10 shots of lidocaine and kenalog. I am using my pain meds from the surgery still and he thought it would be a good idea to see a doctor in pain management. (in the meantime I can't even hold up my head from all of the pain). He said between the infection and the scar tissue not healing right that it will cause me pain for a while. (no kidding, he should only have it)! !!!!!!!! I actually have 10 holes in my head from the long needles. Anyway, is anyone familiar with pain management?? What does the doctor do there. He gave me a name of a pain management doctor but I have NO idea what they do. Thanks in advance. Love, Sharon DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Sharon,

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I wish there was something I could do for you.

I have not seen a Doc for pain management but it might not be a bad idea to give the Doc a try.

Love Ya,

Sandy

Today I saw the surgeon and I was almost in tears. The pain where the sites are are very, very painful! My head is very swollen and healing very slowly. He injected, into my head, 10 shots of lidocaine and kenalog. I am using my pain meds from the surgery still and he thought it would be a good idea to see a doctor in pain management. (in the meantime I can't even hold up my head from all of the pain). He said between the infection and the scar tissue not healing right that it will cause me pain for a while. (no kidding, he should only have it)! !!!!!!!! I actually have 10 holes in my head from the long needles. Anyway, is anyone familiar with pain management?? What does the doctor do there. He gave me a name of a pain management doctor but I have NO idea what they do. Thanks in advance. Love, Sharon DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU