RemedySpot.com

Re: -Glenda's Imuran dosage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

(KC)

Thank you for the kind words. I started at 50mg and worked up to 150 mg a day before the flares stopped. This took several months to work up to but it has been well worth it. I now take 100 mg a day. That is it.

All of my other meds are for the High Blood Pressure or vitamins due to the Imuran not letting my body use or store them.

Since I have been on the Imuran I have not had what you would call a major flare. They are like little flares more controlled. They are easier to get under control and few and far between.

As for when I take them I take one in the AM and one in the PM. I lived on Tum's for the first year or so I started taking them. Now I can't even stand to see a Tum!LOL The morning pills seem to upset my stomach. I try to take them with food. Eat something then they are not on an empty stomach. If they bother me now I take Tetralac. They are non prescription pills about the size of aspirins that work immediately for upset stomach or heart burn. I get them at Albertson's.

It is hard to go by me for getting an upset stomach. I have a stomach of iron. I don't get the normal little bugs that go around very often. I have been told it is due to certain enzymes I have in my stomach. So when I get an upset stomach it must be bad.LOL

Hope this helps and or makes sense. Imuran has been my wonder drug and sending good thoughts and prayers you way that it will be for you too.

Lots of love

Glenda