RemedySpot.com

FW: Faith

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Faith

> > > > > > Tess was a precocious eight year old when she heard > > > > her Mom and Dad talking about her little brother, > . All she knew was that he was very sick and > they were completely out of money. They were moving to > an apartment complex next month because Daddy didn't > have the money for the doctor's bills and our house. > Only a very costly surgery could save him now and it > was looking like there was no-one to loan them the > money. She heard Daddy say to her tearful Mother with > whispered desperation, "Only a miracle can save him > now." > > Tess went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar > from its hiding place in the closet. She poured all > the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. > Three times, even. The total had to be exactly perfect. > No chance here for mistakes. Carefully placing the coins > back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out > the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug > Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door. > > She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her > some attention but he was too busy at this moment. > Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. > She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound > she could muster. No good. Finally she took a quarter > from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That > did it! > > "And what do you want?" the pharmacist asked in an > annoyed tone of voice. "I'm talking to my brother > from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages", he said > without waiting for a reply to his question. > > "Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess > answered back in the same annoyed tone. "He's really, > really sick... and I want to buy a miracle." > > "I beg your pardon?" said the pharmacist. > > "His name is and he has something bad growing > inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can > save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?" > > "We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry > but I can't help you," the pharmacist said, softening > a little. > > "Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't > enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it > costs." > > The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He > stooped down and asked the little girl, "What kind of > a miracle does your brother need?" > > "I don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. > "I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs > an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want > to use my money". > > "How much do you have?" asked the man from Chicago. > > "One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answered barely > audibly. "And it's all the money I have, but I can get > some more if I need to. > > "Well, what a coincidence," smiled the man. "A dollar > and eleven cents exact price of a miracle for little > brothers." > > He took her money in one hand and with the other hand > he grasped her mitten and said "Take me to where you > live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. > Let's see if I have the kind of miracle you need." > > That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a > surgeon, specializing in neuro-surgery. The operation > was completed without charge and it wasn't long until > was home again and doing well. Mom and Dad > were happily talking about the chain of events that > had led them to this place. "That surgery," her Mom > whispered. "was a real miracle. I wonder how much it > would have cost?" > > Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle > cost... one dollar and eleven cents ...... plus the > faith of a little child. > > A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but > the operation of a higher law...... (A TRUE STORY) > > I know you'll keep the ball moving! Here it goes. > Throw it back to someone else who means something to > you! > > The Friendship Ball > > A ball is a circle, no beginning, no end. It keeps us > together like our Circle of Friends. But the treasure > inside for you to see is the treasure of friendship > you've granted to me. Today I pass the friendship > ball to you. Pass it on to someone who is a friend to > you. > > MY OATH TO YOU... > > When you are sad.....I will dry your tears. > When you are scared.....I will comfort your fears. > When you are worried.....I will give you hope. > When you are confused.....I will help you cope. > And when you are lost.....And can't see the light. > I shall be your beacon.....Shining ever so bright > This is my oath.....I pledge till the end. > Why you may ask?.....Because you're my friend. > >

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here