RemedySpot.com

Cincinnati meeting of the RoadBack Foundation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,For those of you who live in the Cincinnati area you might want to attend this meeting... This post originally appeared in the rheumatic@y... list and Debb has graciously extended the welcome to all of you. Even if you don't have scleroderma, RP is in the same auto-immune family. There will undoubtedly be people there who are on the antibiotic protocol for a variety of rheumatic diseases. I wish I lived near Cincinnati :-)~ConnieHi all, I am soooo excited, I had to post this immediately. Our next meeting of the Road Back of Cincinnati is scheduled for Saturday, June 22, 2002..again at the library. We have a special guest speaker, DR. A. Flavahan. DR. Flavahan has devoted his life to researching Scleroderma. His particular area of interest is in Vascular Biology. At present, DR. Flavahan is the Principal Investigator of two NIH awards, a grant from the Scleroderma Foundation and the American Heart Association Fellowship Grant. DR. Flavahan told me today that he is honored to come speak to our group and in addition, stated that half his research lab is devoted to Scleroderma and the other half is working on Raynauds Phenomenon. DR. Flavahan has published numerous papers and was recruited from the Mayo Clinic to s Hopkins University. I would imagine that we will have many questions for DR. Flavahan. I also asked him if he would mind if I contacted television stations and the newspapers regarding his participation in our meeting. DR. Flavahan told me to do whatever it takes to draw attention to Scleroderma and these diseases, that he will support me fully..and help in any way he can..On a personal note..;) I must add that he is from Scotland and his accent is just adorable..sorry, I know that's not being professional, but my goodness, I do love an accent..on a back to business note: I intend to look up his published papers and determine what direction his research takes so I have appropriate questions about the present research and the infectious theory..We are so lucky in Cincinnati, we had a terrific speaker in Pat Ganger, at our first meeting and now a noted researcher for our 2nd meeting..Wait til you all hear who I have slated to speak at our meeting in September..It just gets better and better.. Email me if you have any questions..Take care, DEBB--- End forwarded message ---