RemedySpot.com

Re: Finding a doctor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lu, this is Rita in Montgomery. What kind of responses did you get. I find this very interesting. My GP in Montgomery is moving out of state and I need to find a doctor here in town. Of course, my Rheumy is still in B'ham, but so often I need someone local. Let me know who you heard from. I might could use someone here. Thanks. How are you doing by the way?

Lu1953@... wrote: I have to tell you all I went to the site of the American Board of Rheumatologists and clicked in Alabama. So all of the ones in Alabama came up, several of them had e-mail addresses so I wrote to some of them and asked them how many patients with RP had they treated? I told them, I didn't want them for my doctor if they didn't know anything about it. Because they would be of NO help to me. I asked the how much did they really know about RP? Would they be willing to work with me? Can you believe I got some responses? Good ones matter of fact. I was wondering if Glenda could fine a good PCP this way? You would have to look it up another way. Its just a thought and an idea for those who need new doctors. I hope this helps someone. Take care, Love, Lu DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Lu, this is Rita in Montgomery. What kind of responses did you get. I find this very interesting. My GP in Montgomery is moving out of state and I need to find a doctor here in town. Of course, my Rheumy is still in B'ham, but so often I need someone local. Let me know who you heard from. I might could use someone here. Thanks. How are you doing by the way?

Rita, I heard from your Rheumy but I am having a hard time making an apt. His receptionist was very unkind yesterday. I e-mailed him again last night and told him about it. So we shall see?

Lu

Guest guest

Lu,

I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I am calling him today. The inside of my ear is dry, red, itchy and sore. I will tell him you are trying to get in touch with him. I need your full name so I can help you get the appointment. I would like to know the drs you received responses from re. RP. I'll let you know what I find out from B'ham.

Lu1953@... wrote:

Lu, this is Rita in Montgomery. What kind of responses did you get. I find this very interesting. My GP in Montgomery is moving out of state and I need to find a doctor here in town. Of course, my Rheumy is still in B'ham, but so often I need someone local. Let me know who you heard from. I might could use someone here. Thanks. How are you doing by the way? Rita, I heard from your Rheumy but I am having a hard time making an apt. His receptionist was very unkind yesterday. I e-mailed him again last night and told him about it. So we shall see? Lu DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Lu, I have been trying to get in touch with you. I heard from Dr. McLain. The doctor at Mayo Clinic is: Dr. Clemet Michet at Rochester, Minnesota. This is all the information I have. I'm am so sorry it took me so long to get a response. Please keep me posted as to how you are doing and if this works out for you. Thinking about you.

Rita

Lu1953@... wrote:

Lu, this is Rita in Montgomery. What kind of responses did you get. I find this very interesting. My GP in Montgomery is moving out of state and I need to find a doctor here in town. Of course, my Rheumy is still in B'ham, but so often I need someone local. Let me know who you heard from. I might could use someone here. Thanks. How are you doing by the way? Rita, I heard from your Rheumy but I am having a hard time making an apt. His receptionist was very unkind yesterday. I e-mailed him again last night and told him about it. So we shall see? Lu DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Donna,

That virtual hospital site was relocated to be under the U of Iowa's

Department site...you can still get to there from that link, but

it's hard to find. Here's the new location:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/orthopaedics/cl

ubfeet/index.html

You can find it under the links section on this group's homepage as

well.

>

> I 'm new at this and keep finding links to this page. Forgive me,

but I need help in finding a doctor and don't see how the link below

will help. What link is it on this page that I should be using?

http://www.vh.org/Patients/IHB/Ortho/Peds/Clubfeet/Physicians.html

>

> Donna

>

>

Guest guest

Donna,

That's an old link. Try this:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/orthopaedics/clubfeet/inde\

x.html

Then click on physicians qualified in the method.

Mom to Jenna (4/7/01) & Sammy (9/25/04, RCF, Dobbs' brace, 12-14hrs/day)

>

> I 'm new at this and keep finding links to this page. Forgive me,

but I need help in finding a doctor and don't see how the link below

will help. What link is it on this page that I should be using?

http://www.vh.org/Patients/IHB/Ortho/Peds/Clubfeet/Physicians.html

>

> Donna

>

>