RemedySpot.com

Effo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 07/07/2002 6:30:49 AM Central Daylight Time, Rpolychondritis writes:

and have a dentist appt on the

9th. (tell me why the dentist needs to know about the RP,

Hi!

Well, kiddo, I'm not , but I'm going to stick my nose in about this dentist thing. When my dentist found out I had RP, he immediately called my Rheumy to find out if any extra precaution needed to be taken. My Rheumy has me take a massive dose of antibiotics an hour before going to the dentist, even just for a cleaning, because of the bacteria that can be let loose into the system. If a tooth is to be pulled, or there's a root canal, then of course, the antibiotic regimen continues even after the appointment. Okay, I'll quietly bow out now.

Love,

T.

Guest guest

Gish Effo!

I just have to have the antibiotics when I go. Valium would really send me for a loop!LOL I will be sending good thoughts your way that all will go well!

Hope you enjoyed the sunshine with the hubby! Take care

Lots of love

Glenda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Effo

So glad your visit with the rheumy went so well! Wow it sounds like you have a keeper that is for sure. I hope that they are right that you were misdiagnosed but there others in the group who have had jaw pain with the RP. I will be sending good thoughts and prayers you way that they find the cause soon for you!

Lots of love

Glenda