RemedySpot.com

Re: Bad day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Susiecue, gosh girl, you just keep piling it on huh? I'm sure the metho

hasn't even had time to start working. It usually takes up to 3 months to

kick in. I know that doesn't make you feel any better.

This disease is so trying !! Gosh you think you have taken one step forward

and you end up two steps back. But it really will get better.

Just know we are all here for you. ANYTIME.

I'm sending lots of get well hugs your way,

Guest guest

Susiecu, I can relate to both those problems. Just before I was dx I got a sunburn straight from hell - 2nd and 3rd degree. And the top of my right ear was just completely bleeding from what looked like a pimple. The pain was excruciating, too. Couldn't sleep anywhere! Once the sunburn started to heal, my ears didn't. They were still swollen and red and horrible. Went to my PCP and he went to look it up as he'd never seen it before (of course), but he came back and told me he thought I had RP, which I thought was a joke! Little did I know! So I can really understand the ears, it took almost 3 months on high Pred plus the metho to finally calm things down enough that I could function. I know you want to feel better NOW, so did I, but, unfortunnately, it takes time for the metho to kick in, altho the pred starts to help right away. I can reassure you, tho, that once the metho did start to kick in, it got better...much better! Hang in there, I'd say try to find something to distract yourself, but with all that awful pain, nothing distracts you! Try to be patient, it does get better, unfortunately, it takes time. Love, Judy Bad day I'm having a bad day. Just when I thought things might be looking up, doesn't my left ear start bothering me big time. Looked in the mirror & it is bright red. I also have what I call the start of a pimple at the top, just like my right ear started before they diagnosed me. I thought with the right ear it was a bug bite. I've had 3 rounds of metho & am down to 30 of pred. I'm ready to give up. It just doesn't stop. I haven't been running around because of my left & the achilles tendon so I don't understand. Of course there is some stress here, we are going to be downsizing soon & I'm not handling it well. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Oh well. Going to the PCP on Weds & the rheumy on Thurs so we'll see what they say. I will call tomorrow if the ear gets worse. Just had to vent a little. SusiecueDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Hi Susiecue,

I know how you feel really I do. I have been taking one step forward and three steps back. But it does eventually get better. Please just hang in here, and we are all here for you. Vent all you want and need to. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love,

Lu

I'm having a bad day. Just when I thought things might be looking up, doesn't my left ear start bothering me big time. Looked in the mirror & it is bright red. I also have what I call the start of a pimple at the top, just like my right ear started before they diagnosed me. I thought with the right ear it was a bug bite. I've had 3 rounds of metho & am down to 30 of pred. I'm ready to give up. It just doesn't stop. I haven't been running around because of my left & the achilles tendon so I don't understand. Of course there is some stress here, we are going to be downsizing soon & I'm not handling it well. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Oh well.

Going to the PCP on Weds & the rheumy on Thurs so we'll see what they say. I will call tomorrow if the ear gets worse.

Guest guest

Hi Susiecue,

I know how you feel really I do. I have been taking one step forward and three steps back. But it does eventually get better. Please just hang in here, and we are all here for you. Vent all you want and need to. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love,

Lu

I'm having a bad day. Just when I thought things might be looking up, doesn't my left ear start bothering me big time. Looked in the mirror & it is bright red. I also have what I call the start of a pimple at the top, just like my right ear started before they diagnosed me. I thought with the right ear it was a bug bite. I've had 3 rounds of metho & am down to 30 of pred. I'm ready to give up. It just doesn't stop. I haven't been running around because of my left & the achilles tendon so I don't understand. Of course there is some stress here, we are going to be downsizing soon & I'm not handling it well. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Oh well.

Going to the PCP on Weds & the rheumy on Thurs so we'll see what they say. I will call tomorrow if the ear gets worse.

Guest guest

Hi Susiecue,

Love,

Lu