New band member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All -

My daughter Lucy, 5.5 months, just got her STARband yesterday from Hanger. So

far, we

have been really pleased with our orthotist guy. We have been going to the

childrens hospital

in town where all the neurosurgeons send their patients after cranio surgery, so

I hope this

means they do a good job! So far Lucy is doing well adjusting into it - but we

dont start

sleeping in it until tomorrow and I hope that doesnt ruin her good sleeping.

My biggest question for all you parents our there is how to deal with all the

stares, very

blunt questions, etc. What have you found to be good answers?? I am just afraid

that I may

get quite protective and kinda snippy with people if you know what I mean. For

some reason

people think because she is wearing a helmet that she is mentally retartded - I

feel like I

should carry pamphlets about plagio with me to hand out to strangers!

I am going to attempt to post her picture under L! So look for it! Thanks for

all of your advice

and help! It is hard going through this with no one around who seems to

understand :(

- Meg

My daughter has been in her band for 3 weeks and I felt the same exact way you do and let me tell you, I feel foolish about it. I got a pink band and put cute stickers on it and everyone says how cute she is and do ask why she has it on (very politely and inquisitive). I tell them about her tort and plagio and their comments are very positive. So take it from one mother who has been in your shoes, your feelings are normal and you should not let them get to you.Nina & Dina 7.5 months in band 3 weeks

Plagiocephaly From: mdrewapnp@...Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 03:03:09 +0000Subject: New "band" member

Hello All - My daughter Lucy, 5.5 months, just got her STARband yesterday from Hanger. So far, we have been really pleased with our orthotist guy. We have been going to the childrens hospital in town where all the neurosurgeons send their patients after cranio surgery, so I hope this means they do a good job! So far Lucy is doing well adjusting into it - but we dont start sleeping in it until tomorrow and I hope that doesnt ruin her good sleeping. My biggest question for all you parents our there is how to deal with all the stares, very blunt questions, etc. What have you found to be good answers?? I am just afraid that I may get quite protective and kinda snippy with people if you know what I mean. For some reason people think because she is wearing a helmet that she is mentally retartded - I feel like I should carry pamphlets about plagio with me to hand out to strangers!I am going to attempt to post her picture under L! So look for it! Thanks for all of your advice and help! It is hard going through this with no one around who seems to understand :( - Meg Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.