RemedySpot.com

Re: #2 Update on Glenda and Sister

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Glenda

Boy, you sure sound a lot like me. Yep.....time to change PCP, but what I would

do is call several first and explain yourself to them and about RP. Find out if

they know about it and also if they know the Rheumy you are going to.

Thank God my Dentist " knew " all about RP, but I got some what frustrated

yesterday when I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. Well first a few

weeks ago a filling and part of a tooth broke. Knowing about dentist and RP

from reading some of the posts here I quickly called my Rheumy about it and

wanted to know if I would have any problems if the tooth had to be pulled

because the Dentist said he wouldn't do it unless the Rheumy wrote a letter

stateing it was okay. My Rheumy told me it would be okay cept it would take

longer to heal due to the Pred. Well he even sent me a letter to take to the

dentist. As it turned out the tooth was repairable and did not have to be

pulled, but there is another tooth that will need to come out. Soooooo the

dentist gave me this form to give to my Rheumy to fill out. Since I had an

appointment with him that following week I took the form in and my Rheumy was

reading it and filling it out when he told me he would feel better if the the

tooth that needed to be pulled could wait a little longer until he could get my

Pred down. No problem there I thought and said. I didn't even read the form so

when I went in to get my teeth " cleanned " my dentist noticed on the form where

the doctor had checked I need to take antibiotics for any dential

procedure...including teeth cleanning. So my dentist calls my Rheumy and damn

it...no teeth cleaning unless I take antibiotics first. Now I understand all of

this, but I was a little upset because I'm told one minute no problems and then

the next my Rheumy tells me not without antibiotics. Will get this ironed out

Friday when I see him. I'm starting to feel that I have the plege with things

like this happening to me.

I guess I need for all of you to start writing down procedures that need to be

followed with someone who has RP.

Don't get me wrong...I love my Rheumy to death...just need to sit down with him

like a mother and explain some things to him. You see I too have my days...But

sure Fire that sorry PCP and find one that knows what's going on and one that

speaks English...I did. :)

So sorry to hear about your sister...She will be in my prayers.

Thanks for listening Glenda

Hugs

Sharyn

Morning All

Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers! We should could use them! I wish I could tell you a miracle occurred but it hasn't yet! I also wish I had good news too! I was told by a little bird I better post and let you know so here goes. I just hate being the one posting this type of stuff.

Yesterday went to my PCP. He is soon to be my old PCP. I wont tell you what I think of him just what he said to me. He has no idea what RP can, will, or does do to a person. He doesn't want to find out either. I have been his patient for several years now and I think he wishes I would find another Dr. the way he treats me.

I told him the whole spew about what went on with my Dentist visit. He said to me that his receptionist was right and that he wouldn't have prescribed an anti biotic for a dentist visit anyway. He said it was up to the Dentist to do that. I told him they wouldn't because I was a new patient and I called the rheumy because I couldn't get one from him. He said besides the only people that need anti biotic to go to a dentist are people with heart valve problems and he said your chart doesn't show you have one. I said it says right on my prescription I do. He says and which prescription is that. Imuran and I have gotten anti biotic for years to go to the dentist because my rheumy told me to. He said then you went to the right person to get the anti biotic. Rheumy should handle. (this is when I felt like asking why are you my dr. then)

My BP was down to 128/80. Of course I didn't believe it so the nurse took it again. I said something and she comment about how others probably weren't taking it right. I said then several are doing it wrong and you are the only one doing it right.(not PCP's reg. nurse) Then he came into the room and gave me the wrath and it was up to 140/90. Told me I don't handle stress well and that I need to have a release. I said yah maybe I need to yell more!

PCP did change my meds put me on another diuretic pill and said to come back in two weeks! Fat chance that will be. I will find a new PCP if it kills me before he does! I told him I had been really sick with the tooth and it went right over his head he just thinks I don't handle stuff well. Told him I was taking healthy woman with soy for hormone thing and he asked if it had something in it for weight loss! Told him if it did it wasn't helping!

Okay enough on that! I am going to get over it! I am a better person than him. I don't have to put up with crap like that from anyone! Anybody that knows me know I am not a down person and that I don't dwell on my RP. If I did I would be a basket case by now. Am trying to support the family and take care of myself too! No time to dwell on RP!

Now for my Sister. She didn't get good news yesterday either. They were unable to go in and unblock the artery. Seems that the Dacron is not suited for that location. They are going to have to go in and take it all out again. They don't know what they are going to do at this time but dr. said he had to think on it. Maybe can take an artery from the right side of her chest and put it down there. She has to have something or she will loss both of her legs. They were able to find some pulse to feet so at least there is some flow but not enough to sustain her for walking.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She told me last night not to go to the hospital today because she doesn't want me getting sick too! Pretty good she is the one in the hospital bed and she is worried about me! :o)

Again Thanks for being there!

Lots of Love

Glenda

DISCLAIMER!!

WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Glenda,

I am really sorry to hear that you had to take so much crap from the

nurse and your doctor. That is unacceptable! I'm glad you're

looking for a new PCP, but that will add to your stress right now,

thanks to his behavior!

I'm also sorry to hear about your sister. How frustrating to have

them know what is wrong, but not know how to fix it well! Please

know that you are both in my thoughts!

M.