RemedySpot.com

Re: Mayo Sucked

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi , I felt like the Mayo did me a lot of good on some things and others NO. The rheumy was a jerk I actually wanted to see another one but he was out of town. This rheumy didn't realize I didn't want a d/x I already know I have RP. But they treat you like you don't especially if your sed rate is zero and c-reactive protein is neg. I had to remind the rheumy well I am on a chemo drug and steroids, now wouldn't that make a difference in my test results, duh yes it would.

I plan on writing him and telling him what I think. he was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip.

But the rest I think they helped me, or at least I think they did. Did you go to the one in MN?

Sorry, yours didn't go well. Some doctors are just plain jerks and its up to us to demand we get the best health care out there after all we are paying there salary.

Take care,

Lu

Sorry to say it, but several years prior to my diagnosis by Dr. T, I went

to the Mayo and was told that if my tests there were negative I would not

get any diagnosis and that's exactly what happended to me.

RP hits my kidneys and ears amount other things.

Some gems from my week's stay at the Mayo:

1. By the ear man: "I dont know what it is, but go home and monitor your

hearing"

What the heck does that mean??

2. By the kidney man as the final statement in my record: "I dont care if he

takes tetracycline or not".

It was the drug that was helping me then but his caring was pretty

abysmal no?

If you go to the Mayo and get a diagnosis, please let me know the Dr.s name.

I would like to send Dr. T's conclusions to the RP man at the Mayo to show

him just how bad things can be there for a patient who does not arrive with

a diagnosis.

Guest guest

Hi Lu:

Yep I went to the one in MN.

All they did was run the same tests, and suck out a huge amount of money for my week's stay.

I have all the neg test results (except kidney disease, gastritis and hearing loss).

My favorite statement was by the Mayo hearing dr. When we asked him: What is it, what should we do?

He had no answer for the " what is it " BUT his answer for the second question:

" Go home and monitor you hearing "

What do you think that meant?

on 7/19/02 4:38 PM, Lu1953@... at Lu1953@... wrote:

Hi , I felt like the Mayo did me a lot of good on some things and others NO. The rheumy was a jerk I actually wanted to see another one but he was out of town. This rheumy didn't realize I didn't want a d/x I already know I have RP. But they treat you like you don't especially if your sed rate is zero and c-reactive protein is neg. I had to remind the rheumy well I am on a chemo drug and steroids, now wouldn't that make a difference in my test results, duh yes it would.

I plan on writing him and telling him what I think. he was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip.

But the rest I think they helped me, or at least I think they did. Did you go to the one in MN?

Sorry, yours didn't go well. Some doctors are just plain jerks and its up to us to demand we get the best health care out there after all we are paying there salary.

Take care,

Lu

Sorry to say it, but several years prior to my diagnosis by Dr. T, I went

to the Mayo and was told that if my tests there were negative I would not

get any diagnosis and that's exactly what happended to me.

RP hits my kidneys and ears amount other things.

Some gems from my week's stay at the Mayo:

1. By the ear man: " I dont know what it is, but go home and monitor your

hearing "

What the heck does that mean??

2. By the kidney man as the final statement in my record: " I dont care if he

takes tetracycline or not " .

It was the drug that was helping me then but his caring was pretty

abysmal no?

If you go to the Mayo and get a diagnosis, please let me know the Dr.s name.

I would like to send Dr. T's conclusions to the RP man at the Mayo to show

him just how bad things can be there for a patient who does not arrive with

a diagnosis.

Guest guest

Hey ,

It sounds like you got the worst doctors they must have had there. I am so sorry. Who was the rheumy you saw? I didn't like the one I saw and I saw him on my last day. He pissed me off and I intend to write him a letter concerning it. Also I have been waiting on my records from there to have further treatment here and all I am getting is Bill's. I just pray the insurance company will pay for them. lol About the hearing doctor, did you not question him as to what he meant, or that he really wasn't helping you? I think the Mayo wants to know if you haven't been helped I saw all kinds of forms to fill out and reply back to them I think you should tell them about your experience. After all you don't want this to happen to someone else. It's a shame you didn't get any answers.

So, how are you now? Have you considered going somewhere else? Please let me know. Thanks!

Lu

Yep I went to the one in MN.

All they did was run the same tests, and suck out a huge amount of money for my week's stay.

I have all the neg test results (except kidney disease, gastritis and hearing loss).

My favorite statement was by the Mayo hearing dr. When we asked him: What is it, what should we do?

He had no answer for the "what is it" BUT his answer for the second question:

"Go home and monitor you hearing"

What do you think that meant?