RemedySpot.com

Fwd: [TMIC] OT--Fw: don't use plastics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All

Next time I will wait to see what else is said about something before I send it to anybody. But it makes you think about alot of things we do and what might happen. When I am dead and buried they'll release some dumb study saying " you should not eat or drink these" I love all the studies they do, Take this and this will happen, don't eat or drink these cuz , wish they would all get together on there findings. LOL I hope I sent this right.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Love ya

Sally

, You might want to check this out as a possible urban legend before sending these stories. I checked it out at http://www.snopes.com/toxins/plastic.htm

and found it was not as authoritative as this seems to indicate. Seems like just another internet "scare" story. - Roger

Subject: don't use plastics

Read This!>> > As a seventh grade student, Claire learned that> di(ethylhexyl)adepate (DEHA), considered a carcinogen, is found in> plastic> wrap. She also learned that the FDA had never studied the effect of> microwave cooking on plastic-wrapped food. Claire began to wonder: "Can> cancer-causing particles seep into food covered with household plastic> wrap> while it is being microwaved?"> Three years later, with encouragement from her high school science> teacher, Claire set out to test what the FDA had not.> Although she had an idea for studying the effect of microwave radiation> on> plastic-wrapped food, she did not have the equipment. Eventually, Jon> Wilkes at the National Center for Toxicological Research in Jefferson,> Arkansas, agreed to help her. The research center, which is affiliated> with the FDA, let her use its facilities to perform her experiments,> which> involved microwaving plastic wrap in virgin olive oil. Claire testedfour> different plastic wraps and"found not just the carcinogens but also> xenoestrogen was migrating [into the oil]...." Xenoestrogens are linked> to> low sperm counts in men and to breast cancer in wom> Throughout her junior and senior years, Claire made a couple of trips> each> week to the research center, which was 25 miles from her home, to workon> her experiment. An article in Options reported that "her analysis found> that DEHA was migrating into the oil at between 200 parts and 500 parts> per> million.> The FDA standard is 0.05 parts per billion." Her summarized results have> been published in science journals. Claire received the American> Chemical Society's top science prize for students during her junior year> and fourth place at the International Science and Engineering Fair (Fort> Worth, Texas) as a senior. "Carcinogens -- At 10,000,000 Times FDALimits"> Options May 2000. Published by People Against Cancer, On> Channel 2 (Huntsville, AL) they had a Dr. Fujimoto from Castle> Hospital on the program. He is the manager of the Wellness Program atthe> hospital. He was talking about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He> said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using> plastic> containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the> combination of fat, high heat and plastics releases dioxins into thefood> and ultimately into the cells of the body. Dioxins are carcinogens and> highly toxic to the cells of our bodies. Instead, he recommends using> glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic containers for> heating food. You get the same results without the dioxins. So such> things> as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the> container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don'tknow> what is in the paper. Just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware,> etc.> He said we might remember when some of the fast food restaurants moved> away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the> reasons.> Pass this on to your friends....> To add to this: Saran wrap placed over foods as they are nuked, with the> high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food. Use papertowel> instead.>>>>