RemedySpot.com

Re: up date on /Heidi and Everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Heidi and Everyone,

I just logged on after several days and had so many posts, decided to start at the end - and was shocked to hear about . I had been worried about her for awhile with all the stress she's been under , I guess it should not have shocked me this much, but we have to pray that the drs know what will work for her. I know, and I'm sure she knows, she's got the best group for extra strength behind her 100%, and we'll all keep praying til she's back to her amazing self again.

I too have a prayer request, and this is why I've been away from the group. My mother-in-law is in a hospital in Rome, Italy with what 4 drs here in the US that I've talked to, think is a stroke. She and my father-in-law are there on the 50th wedding anniversary trip all the kids sent them on. It has been a continuous nightmare since last Wednesday night. We've been constantly on the phone around the clock. The language barrier, time difference, and totally different medical system there has been overwhelming, not to mention staying in touch with his Dad and all the rest of the family. We're on a first name basis with the people at the Embassy (they have been very good), and everybody has to know - IF YOU TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND HAVE MEDICARE OR MEDICAID, IT IS USELESS OUTSIDE THE US, GET TRAVELERS' INSURANCE! If my mother-in-law hadn't had the foresight to do this, we'd be in a world of hurt. But the insurance company has not been easy to deal with either. If you didn't know, and we are possibly facing this, to med-vac a person (if they can't fly commercially) costs at the very minimum $10,000, probably $20,000.

My husband is on a plane right now to get there, he had to wait this long because at first we thought they were saying she was getting better, but since she's gotten worse, but they hadn't done any more testing, they were just calling her a psychiatric case! Then when we knew he needed to go, it took 5 days to get an emergency passport because of the new system after the Sept 11th horror. I have no idea how long he will have to be there, and what the outcome of all this will be.

As for me, I'm on my 8th day of Cytoxan 100mg, and so far so good, I think the Lord knows I needed to be OK this past week. I just hope it stays this way. I was able to also lower my pred to 40mg, and dapsone 100mg. My face is about the same, the Ultram is really getting used for the pain, but I can't even let myself think about it. There have been so many details to deal with here, and it's hard when you're on all these meds, I'm trying to push my stuff back, but as I'm typing this, I'm breaking out in a major sweat. I'm just so worried about , and and her dad, all our other troubled group family members, and my family...it never ends.

I meant what I said about this unbelievably strong group though, and I know your prayers and support will help all of us. Please know I'm here for everyone too, even though I'm not posting every day. I'm going to try to get through the 400+ emails that are waiting for me, if you posted me privately, I'm so sorry I haven't responded yet.

Heidi. please tell when you talk to her that I'm with her in spirit and I know she'll be well and strong again soon. But you yell at her too and make her take care of herself...she'll listen to you!

Love and strength to everyone, Carol G

up date on

Ok here is the latest on .

Still don't know to much at this

time. The called her Drs. at Stanford

he ordered a shoot in the tummy to tin out her blood and change her heart meds to 2 new ones. No I do not know what the are right now.

If she does ok during the night the will let her come home tomorrow. I do not know what bough all this on either. I hope I do get to talk to her in the morning. She also has to go to her heart test this coming Tuesday at Stanford. She is very tiered right now no energy what so ever. Hope she will get a good nights rest finally tonight. I will talk to her tomorrow and let you all know how it is going but please keep praying for her and all the others that are having such a hard time right now. Love you all bye bye

Heidi DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Carol, many, many prayers are going up for you and yours, also.

Love and God Bless,

Jo

Re: up date on /Heidi and Everyone

Dear Heidi and Everyone,

I just logged on after several days and had so many posts, decided to start at the end - and was shocked to hear about . I had been worried about her for awhile with all the stress she's been under , I guess it should not have shocked me this much, but we have to pray that the drs know what will work for her. I know, and I'm sure she knows, she's got the best group for extra strength behind her 100%, and we'll all keep praying til she's back to her amazing self again.

I too have a prayer request, and this is why I've been away from the group. My mother-in-law is in a hospital in Rome, Italy with what 4 drs here in the US that I've talked to, think is a stroke. She and my father-in-law are there on the 50th wedding anniversary trip all the kids sent them on. It has been a continuous nightmare since last Wednesday night. We've been constantly on the phone around the clock. The language barrier, time difference, and totally different medical system there has been overwhelming, not to mention staying in touch with his Dad and all the rest of the family. We're on a first name basis with the people at the Embassy (they have been very good), and everybody has to know - IF YOU TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND HAVE MEDICARE OR MEDICAID, IT IS USELESS OUTSIDE THE US, GET TRAVELERS' INSURANCE! If my mother-in-law hadn't had the foresight to do this, we'd be in a world of hurt. But the insurance company has not been easy to deal with either. If you didn't know, and we are possibly facing this, to med-vac a person (if they can't fly commercially) costs at the very minimum $10,000, probably $20,000.

My husband is on a plane right now to get there, he had to wait this long because at first we thought they were saying she was getting better, but since she's gotten worse, but they hadn't done any more testing, they were just calling her a psychiatric case! Then when we knew he needed to go, it took 5 days to get an emergency passport because of the new system after the Sept 11th horror. I have no idea how long he will have to be there, and what the outcome of all this will be.

As for me, I'm on my 8th day of Cytoxan 100mg, and so far so good, I think the Lord knows I needed to be OK this past week. I just hope it stays this way. I was able to also lower my pred to 40mg, and dapsone 100mg. My face is about the same, the Ultram is really getting used for the pain, but I can't even let myself think about it. There have been so many details to deal with here, and it's hard when you're on all these meds, I'm trying to push my stuff back, but as I'm typing this, I'm breaking out in a major sweat. I'm just so worried about , and and her dad, all our other troubled group family members, and my family...it never ends.

I meant what I said about this unbelievably strong group though, and I know your prayers and support will help all of us. Please know I'm here for everyone too, even though I'm not posting every day. I'm going to try to get through the 400+ emails that are waiting for me, if you posted me privately, I'm so sorry I haven't responded yet.

Heidi. please tell when you talk to her that I'm with her in spirit and I know she'll be well and strong again soon. But you yell at her too and make her take care of herself...she'll listen to you!

up date on

he ordered a shoot in the tummy to tin out her blood and change her heart meds to 2 new ones. No I do not know what the are right now.

If she does ok during the night the will let her come home tomorrow. I do not know what bough all this on either. I hope I do get to talk to her in the morning. She also has to go to her heart test this coming Tuesday at Stanford. She is very tiered right now no energy what so ever. Hope she will get a good nights rest finally tonight. I will talk to her tomorrow and let you all know how it is going but please keep praying for her and all the others that are having such a hard time right now. Love you all bye bye

Heidi DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Carol G.,

This must be so hard on you and your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please let us know how your Mother-in-law is doing.

Hugs,

Sandy

up date on

Guest guest

Carol G., this is Judy Ostry. I have had three strokes, so I know how scary it is for everyone involved. Of course, it's way too late for this advice, but it it happens again, there is a clot-busting drug that has to be administered within three hours of the stroke, if it is done promptly, it really ameliorates the damage done by the stroke. Also. depending on the severity of the stroke, physical therapy is a life saver...I know from experience. After my last (hopefully) stroke, I couldn't read, or count or do even the most basic math, let alone read UPC codes which was a large part of my job. It took at least 4 months before I could do it well enough for everyday life, but not for my job, so I was forced to retire. Check into the availability of the drug there, sorry I don't have the name of the drug, but they should be able to recognize it just by the description. Good luck, I can only imagine how difficult this is in a foreign country! Hang in there, all will be well. God bless you and your family. Love, Judy PS, you will all be in my prayers. up date on Ok here is the latest on . Still don't know to much at this time. The called her Drs. at Stanford he ordered a shoot in the tummy to tin out her blood and change her heart meds to 2 new ones. No I do not know what the are right now. If she does ok during the night the will let her come home tomorrow. I do not know what bough all this on either. I hope I do get to talk to her in the morning. She also has to go to her heart test this coming Tuesday at Stanford. She is very tiered right now no energy what so ever. Hope she will get a good nights rest finally tonight. I will talk to her tomorrow and let you all know how it is going but please keep praying for her and all the others that are having such a hard time right now. Love you all bye bye Heidi DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU