RemedySpot.com

Backsliding

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well my excitement for getting down to 10 of pred was shortlived. As of this afternoon I am back up to 60.

My throat was bothering me a little last night but I didn't think too much about it because I have been doing a lot of coughing from the heat & humidity associated with my lungs & my GERD. When I woke up this morning the right side of my throat felt like I had broken glass in it & my right ear was sore inside. Called the answering service for the rheumy & of course he wasn't on call & I don't care for the one that was, the PCP isn't in on Saturday & I didn't want to talk to someone that doesn't know my case, so I called the ENT & got the Dr. that I did my sinus surgery & took care of things for a few years. He put me on Cipro twice a day & upped my pred to 60 for 3 days, 50 for 3 days, etc. I will call the rheumy on Monday & he will hopefully not have a fit about the pred. I will let him make the final decision on the pred as far as coming down. How discouraging. But Ibruprofen is helping with the pain.

Oh well, hopefully I will be down again in a couple of weeks. I've been working so hard on getting down. Oh well wouldn't it be wonderful if everything was perfect in my life. At least I'm not flaring.

Luv ya,

Susiecue