RemedySpot.com

Re: Digest Number 2493

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Response to Nina re: nose cartilage

Hi Nina. I am new to the group also. Have to introduce myself, as soon as I have more time.

The bridge of my nose collapsed ten years ago. I've tried to have it replaced, have gone to a doctor at U of Miami who has replaced nose cartilage on patients with Wegner's granulomatosis. But he would not touch me with a ten foot pole. He was very nice and took time to explain things to me. But he said, basically, that it could make matters worse, because it could trigger a new inflamatory process and I could end up worse than I am. He quoted the Hypocratic oath doctors take: "First, do no harm." I saw him last year, so this is pretty recent. Before that, my rheumatologist recommended against it. But then he gave me the name of this doctor, and the answer was still no.

I wear glasses to camouflage my saddle nose.

If a surgeon tells you something diffeent, please, let me know.

Love and prayers,

Guest guest

This is for Kathi G regarding Arava:

Hi everybody! I am from Miami, am new to the group. Will introduce myself formally as soon as life quiets down (next week).

Regarding Arava, I've been on it since it first came out and it works pretty well for me. But on my last visit to the Rheumy he told me that I was going to begin seeing ads in the paper from lawyers regarding Arava and a class action suit. He said some patients have died from it and the FDA is re-considering the drug. He doesn't know if they will keep it on the market. But he also said that as long as my tests come back normal, I have nothing to fear and that's why he monitors me so closely. Hope this helps in your decision.

Love and prayers,

Guest guest

In a message dated 05/08/2002 2:06:48 AM Central Daylight Time, Rpolychondritis writes:

idigflower@...>

Hi I am Del Otto, My wife Carol, saw Dr. Trentham in October 2000. She was really disappointed in her visit Too. He did not offer any new information and she probably had some high hopes that there was some thing that was going to change the course of RP.

Guest guest

Wow Del it is so nice to see a post from you.

Ja I have been thinking of you and the fam. and wondering how you all doing. I want to say thank you for giving us your info on Dr. T.

I know of a few other that where very disappointed too. Please Del feel free to post at any time you can. Yes you also have a lot of knowledge with what Carol went true and I know it will help out a lot for the rest of us.

Yes I do think often of Carol and yes I do miss her too. So please at any time keep me updated on how you all doing. I thank you so much for your post.

Sending a gentle Hug to you and the fam.

Heidi Hi I am Del Otto, My wife Carol, saw Dr. Trentham in October 2000. She was really disappointed in her visit Too. He did not offer any new information and she probably had some high hopes that there was some thing that was going to change the course of RP. DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU