RemedySpot.com

Re: Depression question- Pred and this Illness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

and All

I think the general consensus is that the pred is hard on the emotions. I know it was just awful for me. Pred is nasty med for me as far as I am concerned. I have learned that the Dr. will tell you also that you can't be allergic to Pred. That is false because my sister is.

This illness can be depressing also. It is very upsetting to learn you have RP and then to cope with it each day. I have depression once in awhile too. It only lasts me a day or two but I usually pull out of it. Thank God I have an understanding husband and he has learned to let me be on these days! :o) (poor guy)

We have had a little longer than some of you to deal with this illness and my dr. sat down with both of us when I was first diagnosed to let him know how things would be with me. That has helped a lot. The first few years were the pits but when they got the meds straightened out I was/am able to go on pretty much as normal. I have had RP for over 8 yrs.

Hope this helps.

Lots of love

Glenda

Hi all,I have a general question for everyone. Have you noticed that when coming down off of Pred you get a little depressed? Just wondered if that's what is causing me to be depressed, or if it's the other junk going on in my life. Need your thoughts and appreciate them.Love,