RemedySpot.com

Re: Words of inspiration for new helmet parents...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello. I understand what your feeling. got his helmet on monday. However, we had it painted and got it back to us on tuesday. He does sweat, even when I am trying to keep him cool. Also, we are having a problem with the redness. Not exactly red circles, but the whole forehead area. We go back in on Monday and they'll check it out. We don't know whether it is a pressure issue (which I think it is) or a sweating issue. We sometimes have to leave it off for hours on end. Hopefully, we'll get it fixed on monday. I'm glad that you are having an easy time with it. We had a good experience today at Breakfast with Santa this morning. A few looks that I noticed. However,we had 1 lady who loved the paint job on it.

--Ronda

In a message dated 12/5/2008 4:37:26 P.M. Central Standard Time, knapp1307@... writes:

Today was my first outing with Cole in his helmet and it was totally not as bad as I thought! Most people knew what it was for already and knew someone who had one. I think some people were giving me inquisitive looks but then again I couldve just been looking for it. Also, Cole is not bothered by the helmet at all. I thought I was going to be totally in for it. He sleeps wonderfully and only fussed that first night. He also has never experienced any of the sweating that I am told about yet. Does the sweating happen to everyone? - Cole - day 4 in DOCband

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Glad to hear that things got better with the sleeping issue you had the first night.

Maysa got her band on Halloween day and for a day or two while it was still a little warm, she did sweat a little. After that and even with all the hair she has she is not sweating anymore and I am glad for it because as a result, her head doesn't stink.

The first helmet that she wore covered her head completely and she wore it in during the summer months so she did seat in it although even then her head never really stunk.

Anyway, I am glad that she is wearing it now. It is getting extremely cold out there and it does protect her somehow. I am also glad that it is open on the top so her head gets to "breathe" a little and part of her hair is free to dangle down the band.

The idea of taking her out in public in her former helmet and her new band never bothered me one bit. What always bothered me is taking her out in public without one, knowing that her head was growing out of shape and I wasn't doing anything that worked about it.

There is nothing wrong in looking or being different for the good reasons, been there, done that...

From: Knapp <knapp1307@...>Subject: Words of inspiration for new helmet parents...Plagiocephaly Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:04 PM

Today was my first outing with Cole in his helmet and it was totally not as bad as I thought! Most people knew what it was for already and knew someone who had one. I think some people were giving me inquisitive looks but then again I couldve just been looking for it. Also, Cole is not bothered by the helmet at all. I thought I was going to be totally in for it. He sleeps wonderfully and only fussed that first night. He also has never experienced any of the sweating that I am told about yet. Does the sweating happen to everyone? - Cole - day 4 in DOCband