RemedySpot.com

Hanger VS CT?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a consultation set up at both Hanger and CT for my son- does anyone know what the difference is in the bands or have a better experience at one vs the other? Also I am in Charlotte, NC.

Also- Right now our insurance will be taken at Hanger but as of Jan 1 we will have a different company and it will be taken at CT and Hanger.

Thanks,

It's great that you will have evals at both and can hopefully make a

gut decision. We went to CT in Charlotte and loved them. They have a

great reputation across the country. It can be hit or miss with

Hanger, a lot of babies have had poorly fitting helmets from them over

the last few months, but I don't know about Charlotte in particular. A

really imporatant question to ask the Hanger ortho is how many plagio

babies they treat per year. If it's not very many in comparison to CT

(who treats hundreds of babies a year), then it's definitely better to

go with CT. Especially if you'll get insurance to cover it after the

new year.

The 2 big differences in the bands is the look, a DOCBand from CT will

be more open on top, depending on the shape of the head they are

trying to correct. And the foam thickness, CT's is a little thinner.

Also, Hanger bands can be worn for up 6 months, CT is up to 4 months,

both depend on how fast the baby grows.

Good luck! Please let us know how your evals go.

Jake-2 (DOCBand Grad 9/19/08)

Jordan-4.5

>

> I have a consultation set up at both Hanger and CT for my son- does

anyone know what the difference is in the bands or have a better

experience at one vs the other? Also I am in Charlotte, NC.

>

> Also- Right now our insurance will be taken at Hanger but as of Jan

1 we will have a different company and it will be taken at CT and

Hanger.

>

> Thanks,

>

ppl have liked some charlotte facilities and not others so i would search the archives for info on the hanger facility, as for ct we went to ct charlotte, as did a friend and many of the board and were quite happy with the experience despite a 2 hr drive. we chose ct b/c of issues with the columbia hanger office, i wasnt going to drive all the way to charlotte and not use ct but had the local hanger been good i would have considered it

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Struick <meg5517@...> wrote:

I have a consultation set up at both Hanger and CT for my son- does anyone know what the difference is in the bands or have a better experience at one vs the other? Also I am in Charlotte, NC.

Also- Right now our insurance will be taken at Hanger but as of Jan 1 we will have a different company and it will be taken at CT and Hanger.

Thanks,

-- -household executive, maid, chef (ok thats a stretch), taxi driver, domestic engineer or, best of all, just " mommy "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1088463/Why-time-forget-pushchair-sling-baby-sleep.htmlhttp://midscbwers.blogspot.com/

My dd had 2 hanger bands - and knowing what I know now I wish we had gone with CT.

I think Hanger can be hit or miss with quality control of the fabricating of the bands... and the same goes with the orthos. We had a great ortho but I've heard about bad ones.

CT's orthos ONLY do bands - where as Hanger does all types of orthotics and the training is not as intense. The ortho you see at hange may have treated a tone of babies or may have only treat 5 - depending on the location, etc. Where at CT you know the orthos only do band so they see a ton of babies all day long.

HTH!

Jen and Luli - 3 years old

Left tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

Hanger VS CT?

Thanks,

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

For us it ended up even being the training issue. We interviewed an orthotist who had been doing bands several years and had done hundreds and did like 40 a month. nothing like ct but a good bit. but she still didnt have the training to understand ear assymetry and didnt even take a good enough scan to be abe to measure it when I called her back to ask what that # was. that and the lack of a knowledgable local backup in case she was away or needed to bounce something off someone else, was the reason we went to ct. not the fabrication or experience

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Jen <JenandLuli@...> wrote:

My dd had 2 hanger bands - and knowing what I know now I wish we had gone with CT. I think Hanger can be hit or miss with quality control of the fabricating of the bands... and the same goes with the orthos. We had a great ortho but I've heard about bad ones.

CT's orthos ONLY do bands - where as Hanger does all types of orthotics and the training is not as intense. The ortho you see at hange may have treated a tone of babies or may have only treat 5 - depending on the location, etc. Where at CT you know the orthos only do band so they see a ton of babies all day long.

HTH!

Jen and Luli - 3 years oldLeft tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CAhttp://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

Hanger VS CT?

Thanks,

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

-- -household executive, maid, chef (ok thats a stretch), taxi driver, domestic engineer or, best of all, just " mommy "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1088463/Why-time-forget-pushchair-sling-baby-sleep.htmlhttp://midscbwers.blogspot.com/

I would definitely go with CT. We used Hanger for several months and I am not

happy with how my daughter's head looks now after 5 months in the helmet. The

Hanger helmet corrected a few things (forehead and face), but her head shape is

more asymetrical and misshapen than when we started. At the end of the Hanger

helmet, the doctor and ortho gave us numbers that led us to believe things had

improved, but who cares what the numbers are if your child's head is more

noticeably abnormal. We are scrambling to get a new orthotist/doctor/band ASAP.

Go for CT. Go for the orthotist who has the most experience with head

bands/helmets. I wish I had.

Hi. Both bands work on the same principles, but the most important

issue is the experience of the person that will be treating your child

and making the adjustments to the band. I would say, go to both

consults and ask questions to see how much experience the Hanger

Orthotist has and the CT tech has (such as how long they have been

banding babies, how many they have done, etc). The techs at CT are not

usually actually Orthotists, but they are often more uniformly trained

than the Hanger Orthotists, so you have to make sure that the Hanger

Ortho has plenty of experience. We had a great Ortho at Hanger and my

Daughter got great correction with her band.

Good luck with your decision.

Jen :)

>

> I have a consultation set up at both Hanger and CT for my son- does

anyone know what the difference is in the bands or have a better

experience at one vs the other? Also I am in Charlotte, NC.

>

> Also- Right now our insurance will be taken at Hanger but as of Jan 1

we will have a different company and it will be taken at CT and Hanger.

>

> Thanks,

>

As a mom who has experience using both companies I say Cranial Technologies hands down. Feel free to send me a private email if you want to hear more about our experiences or simply look at the fit of our 2nd failed Hanger band towards the end of the S folder under Shane.

Leah

Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007