RemedySpot.com

Re: Need help from experienced eyes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You can see the difference in the top down view the most. Definitly a solid improvement thus far.

As for the tort, are they considering doing anything above and beyond PT for him? Elly has such a bad case from being squished by her sis in the womb they are taking a surgical route. PT has made tremendous improvements, but it's just not enough on it's own. If there still isn't much improvement you may want to ask what else they can do for him.

Elaine (Twin A) 6mos, tort & plagio, ~6 weeks helmet

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM, aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...> wrote:

Hello all,Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort andright plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate). Today, we took

some interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going tomake in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talkingabout a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, eventhough we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It's

totally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing thatissue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.His technician says he's got 2-3 more weeks in his band. I've posted

his pics under Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics nearthe end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you havemade this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to dothis alone.

Aimee

Aimee,

I can clearly see the progress that Marcus has made while in the band. The profile pictures as well as the top view show it the best. What concerns me is the tilt. Is his head tilted only in the picture or does he always look like this? If his tort is not resolved, and if he doesn't get a second band, he might regress (I am sure that's what you are worried about as well).

Maysa's tort is now resolved although she never had PT. I did exercises with her at home and she is now fine. I have to say though that after her first session of CST, I noticed changes in her body that I never thought would happen so quickly. She still doesn't crawl but is showing a greater interest in standing up and holding on to things.

If PT is not working for Marcus, you might want to try something else. This said, his pictures look great and a second band might not be a bad idea while you still work on his tort.

Leila

Maysa, 10m 2w, 4 weeks in DOC band + CST

http://mymaysa.wordpress.com/ --- On Mon, 12/1/08, aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...> wrote:

From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...>Subject: Need help from experienced eyesPlagiocephaly Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 1:37 PM

Hello all,Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort andright plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate) . Today, we tooksome interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going tomake in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talkingabout a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, eventhough we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It'stotally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing thatissue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.His technician says he's got 2-3 more weeks in his band. I've postedhis pics under Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics nearthe end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you havemade this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to dothis

alone.Aimee

I'm glad you see an improvement in the head. I see it sometimes too

and the pics have certainly helped me see it, but his hair is so long

that it is thicker at the base of the skull and the rounding looks

like an illusion.

His head is definitely NOT tilted like that all the time. I do notice

a tilt occasionally, but nothing like that which is why I freaked out

when I saw it. He actually is often much more flexible on the left

side than the right. He turns to both sides equally as comfortably,

tilts to both sides equally, rolls over, and sits up. His therapist

couldnt tell initially which side his tort was on, prompting me to

ask, " well then how do you know he has tort? " . But, she says it could

be positional tort which means it crops up on one side or the other

depending on circumstances.

I'm going to get a second opinion next week with another therapist.

I'm also going to be more diligent about home stretches. But

honestly, they never bother him, even in therapy. He doesnt react

with any discomfort to the stretching at all. Is that normal?

>

> > Hello all,

> >

> > Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.

> > He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort and

> > right plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate). Today, we took

> > some interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going to

> > make in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talking

> > about a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, even

> > though we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It's

> > totally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing that

> > issue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.

> > His technician says he's got 2-3 more weeks in his band. I've posted

> > his pics under Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics near

> > the end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you have

> > made this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to do

> > this alone.

> >

> > Aimee

> >

> >

> >

>

Thanks for taking a look, Leila. I've been reading Maysa's blog

(she's doing so wonderfully in her band!!) and I was curious about the

CST. How long did it take you to get an appt with her?

>

> From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...>

> Subject: Need help from experienced eyes

> Plagiocephaly

> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 1:37 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello all,

>

> Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.

> He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort and

> right plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate) . Today, we took

> some interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going to

> make in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talking

> about a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, even

> though we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It's

> totally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing that

> issue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.

> His technician says he's got 2-3 more weeks in his band. I've posted

> his pics under Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics near

> the end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you have

> made this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to do

> this alone.

>

> Aimee

>

Aimee,

Depending on your schedule, between a week and three. I think that she only works Mon thru Wed and sometimes on Thur. She has some 8:15 appointments but her latest is always at 2:15. I am taking Maysa for her last session next Monday.

I know what you mean about the hair playing tricks on you. I asked Amber last time to give me one of her white head socks so I could take better pictures of her and it helps quite a bit.

I remember Marcus getting in his band the same time that Maysa did. Is most of the foam shaved off already? Have they taken other measurements of his head to give you an idea of where he stands now? Did you insurance pay for the band. If they did and if you think that he could still improve in a second band, why not go for it. At his age, he is still considerably growing and I am almost sure that he could completely fall within the normal range. Maysa doesn't mind this band at all. As a matter of fact, it is keeping her nice and warm in this cold weather and at night as well.

Thanks for checking Maysa's site!

Leila

Maysa, 10m 2w, 4weeks in DOC band + CST

http://mymaysa.wordpress.com/--- On Tue, 12/2/08, aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...> wrote:

From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@...>Subject: Re: Need help from experienced eyesPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 8:03 AM

Thanks for taking a look, Leila. I've been reading Maysa's blog(she's doing so wonderfully in her band!!) and I was curious about theCST. How long did it take you to get an appt with her?> > From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@ ...>> Subject: Need help from experienced eyes> Plagiocephaly> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 1:37 PM> > > > > > > Hello all,> > Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.> He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort and> right plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate) . Today, we took> some interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going to> make in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talking> about a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, even> though we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It's> totally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing that> issue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.> His technician says he's got 2-3 more weeks in his band. I've posted> his pics under

Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics near> the end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you have> made this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to do> this alone.> > Aimee>

Leila - I cant believe its already been 4 weeks for Maysa in the band. i remember when you sent a post out saying improvement after 10 days! Man time is flying. I just hope it flies by just as quick for me now that Cole is in his band....- Cole (6 months) Day 2 in DOCbandFrom: L R <leilarem@...>Plagiocephaly Sent:

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:26:06 AMSubject: Re: Need help from experienced eyes

Aimee,

Depending on your schedule, between a week and three. I think that she only works Mon thru Wed and sometimes on Thur. She has some 8:15 appointments but her latest is always at 2:15. I am taking Maysa for her last session next Monday.

I know what you mean about the hair playing tricks on you. I asked Amber last time to give me one of her white head socks so I could take better pictures of her and it helps quite a bit.

I remember Marcus getting in his band the same time that Maysa did. Is most of the foam shaved off already? Have they taken other measurements of his head to give you an idea of where he stands now? Did you insurance pay for the band. If they did and if you think that he could still improve in a second band, why not go for it. At his age, he is still considerably growing and I am almost sure that he could completely fall within the normal range. Maysa doesn't mind this band at all. As a matter of fact, it is keeping her nice and warm in this cold weather and at night as well.

Thanks for checking Maysa's site!

Leila

Maysa, 10m 2w, 4weeks in DOC band + CST

http://mymaysa. wordpress. com/

From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006>Subject: Re: Need help from experienced eyesPlagiocephalyDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 8:03 AM

Thanks for taking a look, Leila. I've been reading Maysa's blog(she's doing so wonderfully in her band!!) and I was curious about theCST. How long did it take you to get an appt with her?> > From: aimeedavid2006 <aimeedavid2006@ ...>> Subject: Need help from experienced eyes> Plagiocephaly> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 1:37 PM> > > > > > > Hello all,> > Just a quick update, my son Marcus has been in his band for 4.5 weeks.> He is now almost 5.5 months old now. He started with left tort and> right plagio - 8mm (I guess that's mild-to-moderate) . Today, we took> some interim pics to determine whether the progress he was going to> make in this band was sufficient or whether we should start talking> about a second band. His left tilt looks much worse than before, even> though we've been doing PT every week for almost 3 months. It's> totally distracting me from assessing his head. I'm addressing that> issue, but I could really use some honest opinions about his progress.> His technician says he's got 2-3 more

weeks in his band. I've posted> his pics under

Doc Band Babies - M, and there are 3 pages of pics near> the end under the name of Marcus. Thanks in advance. All of you have> made this experience possible for us. We wouldnt have been able to do> this alone.> > Aimee>