RemedySpot.com

Please Read and Pass this on..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

dont know how true this is but is worth looking into > >> >If you use pads, but especially if you use tampons, read this and> >pass on to your friends (for the men receiving this email, please> >forward it to your friends, significant others, sisters, mothers,> >daughters, etc.)> >> >Check the labels of the sanitary pads or tampons that you are going> >to buy the next time, and see whether you spot any of the familiar> >signs stated in this email. No wonder so many women in the world> >suffer from cervical cancer and womb tumors. Have you heard that> >tampon makers include asbestos in tampons? Why would they do this?> >Because asbestos makes you bleed more . .. .if you bleed more,> >you're going to need to use more. Why isn't this against the law> >since asbestos is so dangerous? Because the powers that be, in all> >their wisdom (Not), did not consider tampons as being ingested, and> >therefore wasn't illegal or considered dangerous.> >> >This month's Essence magazine has a small article about this and> >they mention two manufacturers of a cotton tampon alternative. The> >companies are Organic Essentials @ (800)765-6491 andTerra Femme> >@ (800)755-0212> >> >A woman getting her Ph.D. at University of Colorado @ Boulder sent> >the following:> >> >I am writing this because women are not being informed about the> >dangers of something most of us use-tampons. I am taking a class> >this month and I have been learning a lot about biology and woman,> >including much about feminine hygiene. Recently we have learned that> >tampons are actually dangerous (for other reasons than TSS). I'll> >tell you this, after learning about this in our class, most of the> >females wound up feeling angry and upset with the tampon industry,> >and I for one, am going to do something about it. To start, I want> >to inform everyone I can, and email is the fastest way that I know how.> >> >Here is the scoop:> >> >Tampons contain two things that are potentially harmful: Rayon (for> >absorbency), and dioxin (a chemical used in bleaching the products).> >The tampon industry is convinced that we, as women, need bleached> >white products-in order to view the product as pure and clean.> >> >The problem here is that the dioxin produced in this bleaching> >process can lead to very harmful problems for a woman. Dioxin is> >potentially carcinogenic (cancer-associated) and is toxic to the> >immune and reproductive systems. It has also been linked to> >endometriosis and lower sperm counts for men-for both, it breaks> >down the immune system.> >> >Last September the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reported> >that there really is no set "acceptable" level of exposure to dioxin> >given that it is cumulative and slow to disintegrate. The real> >danger comes from repeated contact ( Houppert "Pulling the Plug> >on the Tampon Industry").> >> >I'd say using about 4-5 tampons a day, five days a month, for 38> >menstruating years is "repeated contact," wouldn't you? Rayon> >contributes to the danger of tampons and dioxin because it is a> >highly absorbent substance. Therefore, thin fibers from the tampons are> >left behind in the vagina as it usually occurs), it creates a breeding> >ground for the dioxin. It also stays in a lot longer than it would with>just> >cotton> >tampons. This is also the reason why TSS (toxic shock syndrome) occurs.> >> >WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES?> >> >Using feminine hygiene products that aren't bleached and that are> >all cotton. Other feminine hygiene products (Pads/napkins) contain> >dioxin as well, but they are not nearly as dangerous since they are> >not in direct contact with the vagina. The pads/napkins need to stop> >being bleached, but obviously tampons are the most dangerous.> >So, what can you do if you can't give up using tampons? Use tampons,> >that are made from 100% cotton, and that are UNBLEACHED.> >Unfortunately, there are very, very few companies that make these> >safe tampons. They are usually only found in health food stores.> >Countries all over the world (Sweden,German, British Columbia, etc.)> >have demanded a switch to this safer tampon, while the US has> >decided to keep us in the dark about it.> >> >In 1989, activists in England mounted a campaign against chlorine> >bleaching. Six weeks and 50,000 letters later, the makers of> >sanitary products switched to oxygen bleaching (one of the green> >methods available). (MS magazine May/June 1995).> >> >What to do now :> >Tell people. Everyone. Inform them. We are being manipulated by this> >industry and the government, let's do something about it! Please> >write to the companies: Tampax (Tambrands), Playtex, O.B., Kotex.> > Call the 800 numbers listed on the boxes. Let them know that we demand a> >safe product-ALL COTTON UNBLEACHED TAMPONS.> >> >Reminder:> >> >P.S. In order not to lose the impact of this email, I suggest that> >anyone who wants to forward to your friends, PLEASE copy this mail> >and paste to a NEW message. That way will not distort the whole> >message with all the forward arrows. Please do this with> >consideration and seriousness_________________________________________________________________MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx