RemedySpot.com

Update on Glenda & Her Sister

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Morning All,

Well I thought I had best post and let you all know how things are going. I have so much going on right at the moment that I don't know where to start. :o) A little bird told me I better post and let you know so you wouldn't think I was ignoring you all! That I could never do!

I will start with my tooth thing first. About 2 weeks ago I had a tooth get loose and then swell. Not much pain or if there was it wasn't nearly as bad as the RP pain I get in the nose/mouth area. I tried getting anti biotic from my PCP to go to the Dentist and was told by the receptionist. that Dr. doesn't do that stuff. I ended up calling my rheumy who told me anti biotic to take prior to seeing Dentist.

Went to Dentist and they pulled the tooth. There was so much infection under it, that it had deteriorated the jaw bone. Dentist didn't give me an anti biotic for infection so by next day I was a mess. I went back to the Dentist and he then gave me an anti biotic. Said he thought I would be okay that my system would fight the infection. (DO THEY EVER LISTEN?) I told him prior to him pulling it that I had a suppressed immune system.

Infection was in my cheek and had went to my lymph's in just one day. Pretty scary if you think about it! At least I didn't think it was going to go away.LOL Well after being on the anti biotic for a week I had a rheumy visit.

Pretty bad when the rheumy is more concerned than the PCP. His office had called me after I got it pulled to see how I was doing. Told me to get back in to Dentist the day it swelled up.

Rheumy visit went well as far as the RP goes. He is pleased that the RP is in quiet mode now. I think he is concerned about the infection causing a flare because I go back in three weeks. Anyway he prescribe another anti biotic due to the infection is now in my sinuses. Rheumy was more concerned about the infection and the other stuff I have going on.

Okay now the other stuff.... My BP was up 163/98. That is still high for being on two BP meds. Told me to call my PCP and give him the results. Also I had an appt. with the urologist due to some problems I am having with my kidneys. They found blood in my urine and PCP finally sent me to a urologist. Like I said Rheumy was please with the RP it is not being ornery right now.(knock on wood)

Well I called my PCP last Thursday after the Rheumy visit and they didn't call me back until Friday. At least they called me back this time. Finally after several conversations with nurse and being told that I am the one frustrated with my BP that the Dr. wanted to talk to me. I go today for that appt. and boy is he going to get an ear full. I have been fighting the BP every since before Nov. of last year. Yes I am upset about the BP.

Now for the Urologist. Well I was to go yesterday but the appt. was canceled due to the Dr. being in surgery. After talking to the nurse there she is going to get me in next Tuesday or sooner. They weren't told my history by my PCP so didn't realize I need to be tested as soon as possible. Now why would I ever be frustrated!LOL When I get the results back I will let you all know what is going on with the kidneys. I think it is just something minor but with the RP you never know.

At least now that the tooth is being taken care of I am feeling much better. I was one sick puppy there for awhile. So tired and no energy. Funny what your body does when it is fighting something. Like I said the tooth didn't hurt until they pulled it and even then it didn't hurt as bad as the RP.

Okay that is what I have been doing for the last few weeks now for what is going on this week. My sister Phyllis went in for the third time due to the artery thing for her legs. She had surgery yesterday and it didn't work. She is to have an aorta gram today to see if they can find where the blockage is. Dr. said it plugged up as fast as he would clean the artery out. The artery is made of Dacron. They had to put in Dacron due to her being allergic to everything else and the original artery was gone. This is the main artery to her legs. She is so scared right now because there is not much circulation to her legs and they told her the last time they went in that they didn't know if they were going to save them. Please keep my sister in your thoughts and prayers. I spent the evening at the hospital last night and will be going there again today after work and the Dr. appt.

Sorry to write a book but thought I should keep you updated on what was going on in my world. Know I am not complaining because there are those of you a lot worse off than me. Like I said the RP is being quiet it is just all the side effect from the meds etc. that cause my problems.

Know I think of you often and will try to keep up to date with you all! Don't know what I would do with out you all!

Lots of love

Glenda

Guest guest

Oh dear Glenda

After reading all of this I fell like there is nothing wrong with me. I'll be

you are one of those who is very nice to her PCP...Well I found when you are

really pissed if you push your glasses down on your nose and look up at them and

in a very calm voice tell them that you are ready to blow like a volcano if

things aren't taken care of. Know that is how I got my Rheumy to understand

when I calming tell him I'm in big pain I mean it even thougs I don't show it on

the outside.

Of course going off like the wild daffy duck might work, but then again they

would most likely perscribe Prozac <grin>.

God love you...don't know how you cope with all of this and to top it off with

the problems your sister is having. You poor thing.

Sending big hugs

Sharyn

>

>

> Date: 2002/04/30 Tue AM 09:11:30 EDT

> To: <rpolychondritis >

> Subject: Update on Glenda & Her Sister

>

> Morning All,

> Well I thought I had best post and let you all know how things are going. I

have so much going on right at the moment that I don't know where to start. :o)

A little bird told me I better post and let you know so you wouldn't think I was

ignoring you all! That I could never do!

>

> I will start with my tooth thing first. About 2 weeks ago I had a tooth get

loose and then swell. Not much pain or if there was it wasn't nearly as bad as

the RP pain I get in the nose/mouth area. I tried getting anti biotic from my

PCP to go to the Dentist and was told by the receptionist. that Dr. doesn't do

that stuff. I ended up calling my rheumy who told me anti biotic to take prior

to seeing Dentist.

>

> Went to Dentist and they pulled the tooth. There was so much infection under

it, that it had deteriorated the jaw bone. Dentist didn't give me an anti

biotic for infection so by next day I was a mess. I went back to the Dentist

and he then gave me an anti biotic. Said he thought I would be okay that my

system would fight the infection. (DO THEY EVER LISTEN?) I told him prior to

him pulling it that I had a suppressed immune system.

>

> Infection was in my cheek and had went to my lymph's in just one day. Pretty

scary if you think about it! At least I didn't think it was going to go

away.LOL Well after being on the anti biotic for a week I had a rheumy visit.

>

> Pretty bad when the rheumy is more concerned than the PCP. His office had

called me after I got it pulled to see how I was doing. Told me to get back in

to Dentist the day it swelled up.

>

> Rheumy visit went well as far as the RP goes. He is pleased that the RP is in

quiet mode now. I think he is concerned about the infection causing a flare

because I go back in three weeks. Anyway he prescribe another anti biotic due

to the infection is now in my sinuses. Rheumy was more concerned about the

infection and the other stuff I have going on.

>

> Okay now the other stuff.... My BP was up 163/98. That is still high for

being on two BP meds. Told me to call my PCP and give him the results. Also I

had an appt. with the urologist due to some problems I am having with my

kidneys. They found blood in my urine and PCP finally sent me to a urologist.

Like I said Rheumy was please with the RP it is not being ornery right

now.(knock on wood)

>

> Well I called my PCP last Thursday after the Rheumy visit and they didn't call

me back until Friday. At least they called me back this time. Finally after

several conversations with nurse and being told that I am the one frustrated

with my BP that the Dr. wanted to talk to me. I go today for that appt. and boy

is he going to get an ear full. I have been fighting the BP every since before

Nov. of last year. Yes I am upset about the BP.

>

> Now for the Urologist. Well I was to go yesterday but the appt. was canceled

due to the Dr. being in surgery. After talking to the nurse there she is going

to get me in next Tuesday or sooner. They weren't told my history by my PCP so

didn't realize I need to be tested as soon as possible. Now why would I ever be

frustrated!LOL When I get the results back I will let you all know what is

going on with the kidneys. I think it is just something minor but with the RP

you never know.

>

> At least now that the tooth is being taken care of I am feeling much better.

I was one sick puppy there for awhile. So tired and no energy. Funny what your

body does when it is fighting something. Like I said the tooth didn't hurt

until they pulled it and even then it didn't hurt as bad as the RP.

>

> Okay that is what I have been doing for the last few weeks now for what is

going on this week. My sister Phyllis went in for the third time due to the

artery thing for her legs. She had surgery yesterday and it didn't work. She

is to have an aorta gram today to see if they can find where the blockage is.

Dr. said it plugged up as fast as he would clean the artery out. The artery is

made of Dacron. They had to put in Dacron due to her being allergic to

everything else and the original artery was gone. This is the main artery to

her legs. She is so scared right now because there is not much circulation to

her legs and they told her the last time they went in that they didn't know if

they were going to save them. Please keep my sister in your thoughts and

prayers. I spent the evening at the hospital last night and will be going there

again today after work and the Dr. appt.

>

> Sorry to write a book but thought I should keep you updated on what was going

on in my world. Know I am not complaining because there are those of you a lot

worse off than me. Like I said the RP is being quiet it is just all the side

effect from the meds etc. that cause my problems.

>

> Know I think of you often and will try to keep up to date with you all! Don't

know what I would do with out you all!

> Lots of love

> Glenda

>

>

Morning All,

Well I thought I had best post and let you all know how things are going. I have so much going on right at the moment that I don't know where to start. :o) A little bird told me I better post and let you know so you wouldn't think I was ignoring you all! That I could never do!

I will start with my tooth thing first. About 2 weeks ago I had a tooth get loose and then swell. Not much pain or if there was it wasn't nearly as bad as the RP pain I get in the nose/mouth area. I tried getting anti biotic from my PCP to go to the Dentist and was told by the receptionist. that Dr. doesn't do that stuff. I ended up calling my rheumy who told me anti biotic to take prior to seeing Dentist.

Went to Dentist and they pulled the tooth. There was so much infection under it, that it had deteriorated the jaw bone. Dentist didn't give me an anti biotic for infection so by next day I was a mess. I went back to the Dentist and he then gave me an anti biotic. Said he thought I would be okay that my system would fight the infection. (DO THEY EVER LISTEN?) I told him prior to him pulling it that I had a suppressed immune system.

Infection was in my cheek and had went to my lymph's in just one day. Pretty scary if you think about it! At least I didn't think it was going to go away.LOL Well after being on the anti biotic for a week I had a rheumy visit.

Pretty bad when the rheumy is more concerned than the PCP. His office had called me after I got it pulled to see how I was doing. Told me to get back in to Dentist the day it swelled up.

Rheumy visit went well as far as the RP goes. He is pleased that the RP is in quiet mode now. I think he is concerned about the infection causing a flare because I go back in three weeks. Anyway he prescribe another anti biotic due to the infection is now in my sinuses. Rheumy was more concerned about the infection and the other stuff I have going on.

Okay now the other stuff.... My BP was up 163/98. That is still high for being on two BP meds. Told me to call my PCP and give him the results. Also I had an appt. with the urologist due to some problems I am having with my kidneys. They found blood in my urine and PCP finally sent me to a urologist. Like I said Rheumy was please with the RP it is not being ornery right now.(knock on wood)

Well I called my PCP last Thursday after the Rheumy visit and they didn't call me back until Friday. At least they called me back this time. Finally after several conversations with nurse and being told that I am the one frustrated with my BP that the Dr. wanted to talk to me. I go today for that appt. and boy is he going to get an ear full. I have been fighting the BP every since before Nov. of last year. Yes I am upset about the BP.

Now for the Urologist. Well I was to go yesterday but the appt. was canceled due to the Dr. being in surgery. After talking to the nurse there she is going to get me in next Tuesday or sooner. They weren't told my history by my PCP so didn't realize I need to be tested as soon as possible. Now why would I ever be frustrated!LOL When I get the results back I will let you all know what is going on with the kidneys. I think it is just something minor but with the RP you never know.

At least now that the tooth is being taken care of I am feeling much better. I was one sick puppy there for awhile. So tired and no energy. Funny what your body does when it is fighting something. Like I said the tooth didn't hurt until they pulled it and even then it didn't hurt as bad as the RP.

Okay that is what I have been doing for the last few weeks now for what is going on this week. My sister Phyllis went in for the third time due to the artery thing for her legs. She had surgery yesterday and it didn't work. She is to have an aorta gram today to see if they can find where the blockage is. Dr. said it plugged up as fast as he would clean the artery out. The artery is made of Dacron. They had to put in Dacron due to her being allergic to everything else and the original artery was gone. This is the main artery to her legs. She is so scared right now because there is not much circulation to her legs and they told her the last time they went in that they didn't know if they were going to save them. Please keep my sister in your thoughts and prayers. I spent the evening at the hospital last night and will be going there again today after work and the Dr. appt.

Sorry to write a book but thought I should keep you updated on what was going on in my world. Know I am not complaining because there are those of you a lot worse off than me. Like I said the RP is being quiet it is just all the side effect from the meds etc. that cause my problems.

Know I think of you often and will try to keep up to date with you all! Don't know what I would do with out you all!

Lots of love

Glenda

DISCLAIMER!!

WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU