RemedySpot.com

Grieving

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sharon:

You are perfectly normal. The year my mother died, when my birthday came around we were camping with our camping club. It was my birthday & we had just finished our community meal when it hit me all of a sudden. I went to our trailer & sobbed for over a half hour. It was terrible. It hit me that day that I was truly an orphan & didn't feel I belonged to anyone anymore even though I have 2 brothers, a husband, 4 children & 2 grandsons. I was no longer anyones child. It's been 23 years for my dad & 6 years for my mom & I'm getting teary just typing this. It's a terrible feeling. I wasn't diagnosed yet so I know it wasn't from the pred or the disease.

I'm down to 10 of the pred & I'm not as weepy as I was when I was on the higher doses but I still get that way. Don't let anyone tell you not to cry. Grieving has no time limit. For some it's a short period & for others it takes longer. The firsts are always the hardest.

Take care & know that we are all here for you.

Luv ya,

Susiecue