RemedySpot.com

Re: Disability-Sandy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sandy,

It is so good to see a post from you! I am so glad that you finally got the disability that you well deserve! Sorry it had to take so long but at least now you can sit back and not worry so much! Thanks for the info. and hope others can learn from what you have accomplished...don't ever give up!

How are you feeling now? Sorry to hear that you have a time of it with your health. Gish I have missed you and worried about you! Figured if you were bad the kids or someone would let us know. They always have before.

You take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers as always! Look forward to hearing from you again!

Lots of love

Glenda

Hi All,I have been on no mail for quite a while now. I developed back problems and have had a respiratory infection for the last 2 months. I am on my 4th round of antibiotics and doing much better now.I'm going to go back to getting mail and see if I can keep up.I wanted to post to those of you who may be trying to get Social Security Disability. I have been out of work since March of 99. I applied for disability and was turned down twice. I hired an attorney and was told that S.S. was so behind it would take a long time before I would get a hearing. My Rheumy felt I was entitled to disability and he would help me. My lawyer had him write a letter to S.S. and also sent my Doc a funtional ability form. My Rheumy wrote the letter and did the functional report. Two days after Soc. Sec. received the info from my Doc they called me to let me know they set a date for my hearing. I had my hearing on July 10th and was told it would take months to get the results. Well, I got the letter yesterday telling me I was awarded full disability and disability medical insurance.I was also told by my lawyer that RP does not fit into the criteria for Soc. Sec. disability. The judge awarded me disability under the category of mixed connective tissue disease. My award was based on the damage th RP and all of the meds have done to my body over the years.I just want to tell you not to give up if you have been turned down or are thinking of applying. Having the support of your Doctors can make a huge difference.Love to you all,Sandy