they gave me a mixture of 1mg and 5mg in the same bottle. Since I take 9mg a

day, i would just put one 5mg and four 1mg in the container. I didn't bother

to really look carefully at the size. The label was for 5mg tablets and I

don't even get my 5mg tablets filled through that pharmacy, I use the mail

order pharmacy.

I haven't taken them back to the pharmacy yet, but I will tomorrow. I firmly

believe this is their mistake. Plus the meds that were filled when I was

discharged from the hospital from my Dr. Yee have a Dr. Patel's name on the

bottles. Boy let me tell you, I have some bones to pick with the pharmacy.

I've used them for over 17 years and they KNOW me. What are they doing to

strangers.??? Sorry, just venting to think that they could make this kind of

mistake. And mad at myself for not double checking them. With the pills

mixed, there is no telling how many mgs of pred I was taking each day. Just

what ever 4 pills I pulled out. anywhere from 9mg to 25mg. LOL

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It is suppose to be around 80 degrees

here so hope to get outside and enjoy. Sunday is Makeila's 5th birthday and

I still haven't gotten her a present. LOL Yes Glenda, I'm late as usual.

LOL but it will get done.LOL

hugs to you

Guest guest

Oh i am so sorry, i have done this before. What i do now is, I bought myself one of those large 7 days a week pill container. The smaller ones weren't big enough with all the vitamins i take daily. But, once a week i go through all my meds that i take and put what i am supposed to take everyday each day in the different slots from Sunday thru Saturday. Pretty much i can do this with everything except my Metho- which i inject and my insulin- which i inject also. Everybody has a system that works best for them, just letting you know what i do. You be careful and i hope you get to feeling better soon.

Love you and always think about you

Update/ does it ever end???>Well, just thought I'd fill you in on the latest. I got really sick last>night. It scared me. I woke up Rich and even made him stay home todaywith>me. I felt like I was in shock. I felt like I was going to pass out, had>no energy to even move my head and was sweaty and naueated. This lastedtil>this morning. I'm still feeling somewhat the same. Now I know why!!!Are>you ready for this one????>>I went to take my pred this morning. I take 9mg. I take one 5mg tab and>four 1mg tabs. One 4/22 I refilled my 1mg tablet. The refills had run out>so they had to call my dr. Then they said they had to order the 1mgtablets.> Okay, this is normal.>>Rich picked them up for me. I never looked at the bottle. I order my 5mg>pred from the mail and my 1mg from the pharmacy. I have been taking thepred>as usual since 4/22.>>Today I put my meds into my hands and then got busy talking to . I>looked to see what meds I had and I was shocked to see that I had 3 5mg and2>1mg tabs. Okay, so I'm losing it. I put them back and tried it again.This>time I had 5 5mg tabs. I looked at the 1mg bottle and it was labled 5mg.>Oh CRAP...were my thoughts. I poured the pills out and guess what. They>were mixed up.......1mgn and 5mg mixed together. Well, guess why I havebeen>so sick. I have been taking anywhere between 25mg and 9mg of pred a dayand>dumb me not paying any attention didn't know. I think I'm all screwed up>now. I have a call into my dr at Stanford. MY PCP is out of town. andthe>pharmacy is wanting the pills back. NOT!! I do need to find out how toget>back on track. I really don't have any idea where to start. I believe this>is why I was in the hospital last week. My poor body doesnt' know how much>pred it should have and I think I was having an adrenal crises.>>PLEASE.. Learn from me. LOOK at all our meds and make sure there is NO>mistake.>> I will let you all know what I find out. If I ever hear. LOL>>I'm going to rest for a minute or two, but I will keep you updated.>>hugs>>claudia>>>DISCLAIMER!!>WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT ISRECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTORBEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOURPHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT ANDTREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU>>

Guest guest

--- Harvey wrote:

> Oh i am so sorry, i have done this before.

> What i do now is, I bought myself one of those large

> 7 days a week pill container. The smaller ones

> weren't big enough with all the vitamins i take

> daily. But, once a week i go through all my meds

> that i take and put what i am supposed to take

> everyday each day in the different slots from Sunday

> thru Saturday. Pretty much i can do this with

> everything except my Metho- which i inject and my

> insulin- which i inject also. Everybody has a

> system that works best for them, just letting you

> know what i do. You be careful and i hope you get

> to feeling better soon.

>

> Love you and always think about you

>

Yes, , I do this too, I put them all out at

the beginning of the week, then I check on a daily

basis that I didn't make a mistake.

By the way, glad to see you posting more - the more

varied input we get, the better!

Take care, love Liz

Guest guest

That was not smart on the pharmacy's part. I just re-read what you wrote and didn't realize that that's what the pharmacy did. That was not smart on their part at all. They should have called your doctor to have him 2 seperate Rx's. a 1,5mg Rx. I don't think there is a 9mg tabls. I've gotten 1,5,10,20mg tabs. Take care,

hugs

Re: overdose/

<< What i do now is, I bought myself one of those large 7 days a week pill container. >>, I do have a pill container. I just made a mistake and trusted the pharmacy and didn't double check the medications. I refilled 1mg tablets and they gave me a mixture of 1mg and 5mg in the same bottle. Since I take 9mg a day, i would just put one 5mg and four 1mg in the container. I didn't bother to really look carefully at the size. The label was for 5mg tablets and I don't even get my 5mg tablets filled through that pharmacy, I use the mail order pharmacy. I haven't taken them back to the pharmacy yet, but I will tomorrow. I firmly believe this is their mistake. Plus the meds that were filled when I was discharged from the hospital from my Dr. Yee have a Dr. Patel's name on the bottles. Boy let me tell you, I have some bones to pick with the pharmacy. I've used them for over 17 years and they KNOW me. What are they doing to strangers.??? Sorry, just venting to think that they could make this kind of mistake. And mad at myself for not double checking them. With the pills mixed, there is no telling how many mgs of pred I was taking each day. Just what ever 4 pills I pulled out. anywhere from 9mg to 25mg. LOL Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It is suppose to be around 80 degrees here so hope to get outside and enjoy. Sunday is Makeila's 5th birthday and I still haven't gotten her a present. LOL Yes Glenda, I'm late as usual. LOL but it will get done.LOLhugs to youDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU