RemedySpot.com

This Hurt...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I want to share with you all some words from a book called "To help you through the hurting." I do Pray that it will help you in those days of intolerable pain either physical or emotional. Sharon

This Hurt:

Listen, Lord, Please listen'...

You will help me to bear this hurt this seemingly intolerable pain.

You will help me not to cry out in agony...But you will be patient with me too, you will not ask me to be too brave inside.

This hurt, oh God, this hurt.

It is a shock, it dazes and numbs me...So that for a little while I can move blindly, almost insensate, about my duties.

Then it revives, it comes again in waves, rhythmic beatings that seem almost not to be home. Yet I know that I must bear them, as a woman endures the pains of birth.

I am in labor, Lord. The terrible labor of the spirit.

And it is infinitely worse that childbirth because right now I can see no deliverance. And I will have nothing to show for it. Or will I, Lord?

Surely I will have new strength in compensation. Surely somewhere inside me there will be some hard sustaining residue, some accretion of anguish like the mineral deposits from water, or rocks hardened out of a volcano's boiling lava.

Perhaps this very pain is building a rock stiff within me that will stand stern against further assaults of pain and grief. And it will be both a protection and a base from which to start anew.

Thank you for this revelation. You who are truly the "rock of ages" will support me and help to build in me this other rock of strength.