RemedySpot.com

Fwd:More on Marijuana: from Sally

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

Thought you would be interested in reading more on the marijuana, I would rather eat it then smoke it, smells so bad!! If I was in pain I'ld be up the creek without a paddle and even a boat plus I'm living in the wrong state!! LOL I bet it will cost alot more too!!! I think I would go to the local street corner RX and get mine, I wonder if it would be legal if I give them the prescription, ha, ha, LOL Oh well read on. Have a great WED.

Love ya all

Sally

Despite the [legal] risks of using marijuana, the more research I do, the more benefits I see marijuana having when it comes to controlling pain in people with spinal cord injuries and various neurological problems (actually, just a few of many conditions that I believe marijuana can be used in a therapeutic capacity). If you live in one of the following states, they have in-place state compassionate medical marijuana programs: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. However, please keep in mind that in every state it is against Federal law, there are no medical provisions in the United States for marijuana. I do not advocate it's use to anyone, just letting anyone interested know that there are massive amounts of scientific studies done showing its medical usefulness.

A legal alternative is Marinol (Dronabinol - a legal synthetic THC, which I know at least a few people on this list take, they might offer up some opinions about it), but going back to my research in this matter, I don't believe it's as effective as smoking or eating marijuana.

Friendly folk in Texas,

- - - - -"Liberty is the most important pleasure."- Stuart Mill- - - - -"[Government's] great contribution to human wisdom.is the discovery that the taxpayer has more than one pocket." ["What is Going on in the World," American Mercury, November 1933]

"The history of liberty is an unbroken history of bloodshed. Every right that the free citizen enjoys today was gained by some other citizen with arms in his hands." ["The New Despotism," Baltimore Evening Sun, January 11, 1926] - H.L. Mencken- - - - -

Re: [TMIC] Re: tmic-digest Digest V102 #364

Hi Folks, I'd never heard or read that either! I don't know of anyone else who contracted TM near by or about the time I did; but I've not asked either. Didn't know about the geographical bit either and now my curiosity is peaked. In searching the archives I noticed that a lot of past cases were in and around the Mississippi river area in the north; a lot of farms and smaller towns whose water supply is from the river, as it is in St. Louis where I currently live. I was hit in February and now also wonder about the time of year; might have something to do with the 'awakening' of mother nature from the winter sleep? Please let me know if anyone has any links to statistics on TM concerning this.

Today's not been a good one; couldn't sleep last night because of leg and foot pain and spasms. All that despite new meds. I hate the new ones: one is amitryptaline an old style tricyclic antidepressant that absolutely knocked me unconscious and made it nearly impossible for me to get up the next day! The other one is lamictal used for folks with epilepsy and that seems to help the spasms a bit. I'm maxed out on the Neurotin and others.

I keep trying to reduce the meds on my own with out much luck, the pain is must too damn much and then I really get depressed. I slept a lot today on and off and had to decline two invites to go out tonight; that hurts. I know there will be better days as there have been and I still count my blessings daily when not hourly!

Keep Well All!

Sam