RemedySpot.com

Update/No Mail

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update and to ask to be put on no mail till next Sun 5/5.

It has been very difficult to handle the situation here these past several days. My husband (Mike) left for Rome early Tues,and they still don't know what his mother's troubles are being caused by. Please feel blessed with our American health care system, even with the insurance hassles. It is nothing compared to what they are dealing with in Italy. Estelle is in a place where she can't get the care she needs, despite Mike's tireless efforts, and the immeasurable help of the American embassy. It is taking it's toll on all of us, and it looks like they will be bringing her to our hospital when the time is right - but that probably won't be till at least the end of next week, and that will present another challenge. I have spent endless hours on the telephone and email keeping contact throughout the family, doing research, setting things up, and praying my heart out. She will survive this, but her mental recovery is very questionable, especially since they are incapable of finding the cause. Case in point - we asked about doing a PET scan, and were told there are probably only about 10 of those testing machines in all of Europe, with none in Italy.

I am starting to feel the effects of all this, and the Cytoxan and Pred are not helping either. As much as I'd like otherwise, I am asking to be put on no mail til 5/5 so I can do what I need to, and not feel guilty about not being responsive and supportive to the group. I wish you all the best, hold each other up, and I'll keep hangin' on this end.

I'll be back in touch soon, take care.

Love to all and Prayers for all, Carol G