RemedySpot.com

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Let's Roll>>>>>> >Subject: Let's Roll> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Tribute to Todd Beamer Flight 93> > September 11th> >> >> >> >"JESUS HELP ME"> >The Faith of Todd Beamer> >> >> >> >> >"I don't think we're going to get out of this thing. I'm going to haveto> >go out on faith."> >> >> >> >It was the voice of Todd Beamer, the passenger ... and Wheaton College> >graduate ... who said, "Let's roll" as he led the charge against the> >terrorists who hadhijacked United Flight 93, the one, you will remember,> >that crashed in the Pennsylvania countryside.> >> >> >> >The whole world knows how brave Beamer> >and his fellow passengers were on September 11th.> >But this week we learned more fully what buttressed that bravery: Faithin> >Jesus Christ.> >Todd died as he lived--a faithful evangelical believer.> >> >> >> >In an article titled "The Real Story of Flight 93," Newsweek reveals> >gripping new details from the actual transcripts of the now-recovered> >cockpit voice recorder. "Todd had been afraid," Newsweek relates.> >"More than once, he cried out for his Savior."> >> >After passengers were herded to the back of the jet, Beamer called theGTE> >Customer Center in Oakbrook, Illinois . He told supervisor Jefferson> >about the hijacking. The passengers were planning to jump the terrorists,> >he said. And then he asked her to pray with him.> >> >As Newsweek relates, "Beamer kept a Lord's Prayer bookmark in his Tom> >Clancy novel, but he didn't need any prompting. He began to recite the> >ancient litany, and Jefferson joined him:> >Our Father which art in heaven,> >Hallowed be Thy name."> >> >As they finished, Beamer added,> >> >"Jesus, help me."> >And then, Beamer and his fellow passengers> >> >prayed a prayer that has comforted millions> >> >down through the centuries, the prayer that> >> > wrote in a time of great anguish:> >The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want ...> >Yea, though I walk through the valley> >of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.> >> >And then the famous last words:> >"Are you guys ready? Let's roll."> >> >We now know from the cockpit voice recorder that Beamer and other> >passengers wrestled with the hijackers and forced the plane to crash into> >the ground, killing themselves but foiling what was believed to have been> >the hijackers' plan to fly Flight 93 into the Capitol or the White House.> >> >As Christians, we know that God can bring good out of evil. In ToddBeamer,> >the world witnesses a faith that held up in the extremity of fear.> >A faith that is even now comforting his widow and two young sons.> >> > Beamer told NBC's Dateline,> >"You know, in the Lord's Prayer, it asks us> >to forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.""As> >Todd prayed this prayer in the last moments of his life, in a way," > >said, "He was forgiving those people for what they were doing--the most> >horrible thing you could ever do> >to someone."> >> >It wasn't Todd Beamer's job to fight terrorists. He was just apassenger,> >who along with several others, did what he didn't have to do but foiled a> >terrible evil that might have been done to his country.> >> >As Flight 93 hurtled towards destruction,> >Todd Beamer could not have known that his> >quiet prayers would ultimately be heard by> >millions .. that the story of his last acts on> >earth would be a witness to the Lord he loved and served and a lasting> >example of true heroism.> >> >HOPE YOU WILL SHARE THIS> >INSPIRING STORY WITH YOUR> >E-MAIL FRIENDS> >> >>>>

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here