RemedySpot.com

Re: blurry stuff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had the surgery to close the ducts in my eyes. My eyes are so dry that a lot of damage was done, especially to my right eye. I saw the cornea doc who just closed the duct on top not too long ago, (the bottoms are already closed). The only problem is my eye is constantly tearing. I come to find out they can undo the ducts. He told me that between the RP and Sjogren's Syndrome etc etc that my eyes are not doing well especially the right one. He is waiting for it to heal a little better. I still have a really scratchy, irritated surface and I get cornea edema in that eye. I take steroid eye drops and use bacitracin ointment in them every night. So, he wants to see me again in 3 weeks. My eyes has been so blurry that I can't read a large print book with a magnifying glass!

I saw my Rheumy yesterday and he took another culture from the wounds. He also was looking at me like he couldn't believe how swollen everything was. He said he will start me on the methotrexate or a very high dose of prednisone as soon as I heal. I have to take bextra and pred but I can't tolerate the bextra. I asked him what to do in case I start to flare since I'm on a low dose of pred--he said don't do a thing--call me first. He's trying to get the infection healed up first. I did give him a lot of the RP literature to put in all of his offices including University hospital. I also told him about getting huge black and blue marks and he said it was from the pred. Talk to you later.

Love, Sharon