RemedySpot.com

Fw: A Woman and a Fork

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Love, Judy FW: A Woman and a Fork A Woman and a Fork > > > > > > > > > > There was a young woman who had been diagnosed > > > > > with a terminal illness and had been given three > > > > > months to live. So as she was getting her things > > > > > "in order," she contacted her Priest and had him > > > > > come to her house to discuss certain aspects of > > > > > her final wishes. > > > > > > > > > > She told him which songs she wanted sung at the > > > > > service, what scriptures she would like read, and > > > > > what outfit she wanted to be buried in. > > > > > > > > > > Everything was in order and the Priest was > > > > > preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly > > > > > remembered something very important to her. > > > > > > > > > > "There's one more thing," she said excitedly. > > > > > > > > > > "What' that?" came the Priest's reply. > > > > > "This is very important," the young woman > > > > > continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my > > > > > right hand," > > > > > > > > > > The Priest stood looking at the young woman, not > > > > > knowing quite what to say. > > > > > > > > > > That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman > > > > > asked. "Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the > > > > > request," said the Priest. > > > > > > > > > > The young woman explained. "My grandmother once > > > > > told me this story, and from there on out, I have > > > > > always done so. I have also, always tried to pass > > > > > along its message to those I love and those who > > > > > are in need of encouragement. > > > > > > > > > > In all my years of attending socials and > > > > > dinners, I always remember that when the > > > > > dishes of the main course were being cleared, > > > > > someone would inevitably lean over and say, > > > > > > > > > > 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because > > > > > I knew that something better was coming...like > > > > > velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. > > > > > Something wonderful, and with substance!' > > > > > > > > > > So, I just want people to see me there in that > > > > > casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to > > > > > wonder "What's with the fork?" Then I want you to > > > > > tell them: "Keep your fork ..The best is yet to > > > > > come." > > > > > > > > > > The Priest's eyes welled up with tears of joy as > > > > > he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this > > > > > would be one of the last times he would see her > > > > > before her death. But he also knew that the young > > > > > woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. > > > > > She had a better grasp of what heaven would be > > > > > like than many people twice her age, with twice > > > > > as much experience and knowledge. > > > > > > > > > > She KNEW that something better was coming. > > > > > At the funeral people were walking by the young > > > > > woman's casket and they saw the cloak she > > > > > was wearing and the fork placed in her right > > > > > hand. Over and over, the Priest heard the > > > > > question > > > > > > > > > > "What's with the fork?" And over and over he > > > > > smiled. > > > > > > > > > > During his message, the Priest told the people of > > > > > the conversation he had with the young woman > > > > > shortly before she died. He also told them about > > > > > the fork and about what it symbolized to her. The > > > > > pastor told the people how he could not stop > > > > > thinking about the fork and told them that they > > > > > probably would not be able to stop thinking about > > > > > it either. > > > > > > > > > > He was right. So the next time you reach down for > > > > > your fork, let it remind you ever so gently, that > > > > > the best is yet to come. Friends are a very rare > > > > > jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage > > > > > you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a > > > > > word of praise, and they always want to open > > > > > their hearts to us. Show your friends how much > > > > > you care. Remember to always be there for them, > > > > > even when you need them more. For you never know > > > > > when it may be their time to "Keep your fork." > > > > > > > > > > Cherish the time you have, and the memories you > > > > > share ... being friends with someone is not an > > > > > opportunity but a sweet responsibility. > > > > > > > > > > Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND even > > > > > if it means sending back to the person who sent > > > > > it to you. > > > > > > > > > > And keep your fork.