treated, so we really tried to keep each of his two bands on as much as

humanly possible. That said, we traveled a lot with him too. We

live in Phoenix, and while in the bands we have traveled with Samson to Boston

and Tampa on the east coast, and Hawaii twice. We cheated at times in

busy airports, big family get-togethers and alike. People don’t

mean to stare to be rude, but I suppose it is natural for them to try and

figure out what is going on! I am not sure that it makes much difference if

you leave the band off for short periods of time. It’s just nice to

not have to explain about the band every five seconds to people.

In Hawaii, I can’t even count how many times people would

say, “Oh, that’s so cool! My child is always bumping his head

and he could use one of those too! But how did you hollow out that COCONUT

and paint it like that?” Are you kidding me? J

Maybe there are those who would disagree, but I would say that

you won’t do any harm by leaving the band off during what might be

stressful travel times, social events, etc. Although we did this a

handful of times over the past 8 months of treatment, we still experienced

great results! Make sure that you put something inside of the band when your

daughter is not wearing it, even a shirt or towel or something. We were

told that if a band is just left around for long periods of time that its shape

can alter a bit. When we are all talking in fractions of millimeters with

these things, it was something that we always did.

Have a safe trip and a happy holiday season!

Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On

Behalf Of mrsjmgrewe

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:32 AM

Plagiocephaly

Subject: Christmas in New York

Hello Everyone,

I am totally conflicted and need some advice. We just got back from our

appointment at Cranial Tech and the PT said that we are waiting on

Kaylee's ears to move a little bit more. Everything else is done

growing. Her head shape is complete, brow is fine, only about one

milimeter of difference in her ears. Her right ear is more forward than

her left. Okay, so anyway, we have 9 days till Christmas and then we

fly out to New York the day after. It may sound vain...but I really

don't want to have her in it for this trip. Well, at least not the

whole time. We are going to visit a lot of family that I'm not sure she

will ever see again (due to how old they are) and I'd just like to have

pictures and moments with her without the helmet on. So I was

thinking...would it be so bad if for the 10 days we are there, if I had

her in it as much as possible, but then for visits with family, took it

off? I'm thinking being in it for 15 hours instead of 23 couldn't hurt

too much, right? I don't know. I guess I'm ridiculous for being so

vain, but I can't help it. The PT said " Ultimately, it's your decision.

But her head grows all the time, not just when she's in it. So she

might grow out of it. " I seem to think she's being a little bit more

cautious than is necessary. HELP! What do you all think?

Honestly, I think your plan is fine. I don't think a few extra hours over the holidays is going to make much any difference at all. Be careful though, it is easy to get too relaxed about it. We too, had a couple of cheat days over the summer. One day we were taking a small boat to a private beach for the day and there was no way I was going to risk something happening to the helmet so I just left it in the hotel room.

Have a great vacation and congratulations on all the progress she has made.

Save on Security Cameras. Click Now!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday! If wearing the helmet a few less hours a

day will make your life easier and less stressful, then I say go for it!! We

have done that on one or two special occasions and it doesn't seem to have made

a difference in the scheme of things!!! Have a great time!!!! ENjoy!

Mom to McKenna- banded for 10 weeks

> From: mrsjmgrewe <jmgrewe@...>

> Subject: Christmas in New York

> Plagiocephaly

> Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:31 PM

> Hello Everyone,

> I am totally conflicted and need some advice. We just got

> back from our

> appointment at Cranial Tech and the PT said that we are

> waiting on

> Kaylee's ears to move a little bit more. Everything

> else is done

> growing. Her head shape is complete, brow is fine, only

> about one

> milimeter of difference in her ears. Her right ear is more

> forward than

> her left. Okay, so anyway, we have 9 days till Christmas

> and then we

> fly out to New York the day after. It may sound vain...but

> I really

> don't want to have her in it for this trip. Well, at

> least not the

> whole time. We are going to visit a lot of family that

> I'm not sure she

> will ever see again (due to how old they are) and I'd

> just like to have

> pictures and moments with her without the helmet on. So I

> was

> thinking...would it be so bad if for the 10 days we are

> there, if I had

> her in it as much as possible, but then for visits with

> family, took it

> off? I'm thinking being in it for 15 hours instead of

> 23 couldn't hurt

> too much, right? I don't know. I guess I'm

> ridiculous for being so

> vain, but I can't help it. The PT said

> " Ultimately, it's your decision.

> But her head grows all the time, not just when she's in

> it. So she

> might grow out of it. " I seem to think she's being

> a little bit more

> cautious than is necessary. HELP! What do you all think?

My son can only wear his helmet 19 hours out of the day or he gets sores that lead to staph infections, but some wear is better than none and she will be in it more often than not. I don't blame you and I usually take the helmet off for pics and stuff too. Have a great vacationSent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: Roper Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:41:14 -0800 (PST)<Plagiocephaly >Subject: Re: Christmas in New York I hope you have a wonderful holiday! If wearing the helmet a few less hours a day will make your life easier and less stressful, then I say go for it!! We have done that on one or two special occasions and it doesn't seem to have made a difference in the scheme of things!!! Have a great time!!!! ENjoy! Mom to McKenna- banded for 10 weeks > From: mrsjmgrewe <jmgrewesan (DOT) rr.com> > Subject: Christmas in New York > Plagiocephaly > Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:31 PM > Hello Everyone, > I am totally conflicted and need some advice. We just got > back from our > appointment at Cranial Tech and the PT said that we are > waiting on > Kaylee's ears to move a little bit more. Everything > else is done > growing. Her head shape is complete, brow is fine, only > about one > milimeter of difference in her ears. Her right ear is more > forward than > her left. Okay, so anyway, we have 9 days till Christmas > and then we > fly out to New York the day after. It may sound vain...but > I really > don't want to have her in it for this trip. Well, at > least not the > whole time. We are going to visit a lot of family that > I'm not sure she > will ever see again (due to how old they are) and I'd > just like to have > pictures and moments with her without the helmet on. So I > was > thinking...would it be so bad if for the 10 days we are > there, if I had > her in it as much as possible, but then for visits with > family, took it > off? I'm thinking being in it for 15 hours instead of > 23 couldn't hurt > too much, right? I don't know. I guess I'm > ridiculous for being so > vain, but I can't help it. The PT said > " Ultimately, it's your decision. > But her head grows all the time, not just when she's in > it. So she > might grow out of it. " I seem to think she's being > a little bit more > cautious than is necessary. HELP! What do you all think?

This is a hard one, I struggled too.

Ultimatly, I say do what your ortho says, however I have to admit that I took my son out of his a few times during his treatment for the very same reason. It's your choice. I have fond memorie photo's of my son in it, but I also have photo's with him out of it during that time.

Not much help, but I wanted to let you know someone else had been in the same boat.

"In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer."

From: mrsjmgrewe <jmgrewe@...>Subject: Christmas in New YorkPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 10:31 AM

Hello Everyone, I am totally conflicted and need some advice. We just got back from our appointment at Cranial Tech and the PT said that we are waiting on Kaylee's ears to move a little bit more. Everything else is done growing. Her head shape is complete, brow is fine, only about one milimeter of difference in her ears. Her right ear is more forward than her left. Okay, so anyway, we have 9 days till Christmas and then we fly out to New York the day after. It may sound vain...but I really don't want to have her in it for this trip. Well, at least not the whole time. We are going to visit a lot of family that I'm not sure she will ever see again (due to how old they are) and I'd just like to have pictures and moments with her without the helmet on. So I was thinking...would it be so bad if for the 10 days we are there, if I had her in it as much as possible, but then for visits with family, took it

off? I'm thinking being in it for 15 hours instead of 23 couldn't hurt too much, right? I don't know. I guess I'm ridiculous for being so vain, but I can't help it. The PT said "Ultimately, it's your decision. But her head grows all the time, not just when she's in it. So she might grow out of it." I seem to think she's being a little bit more cautious than is necessary. HELP! What do you all think?

We keep our daughter in her helmet for everything, it is part of our lives. We have even had her professional pictures taken in her helmet. Take it off for some pics but also leave it on for some also!!! Good luck!!

From: mrsjmgrewe <jmgrewe@...>Subject: Christmas in New YorkPlagiocephaly Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 12:31 PM

Hello Everyone, I am totally conflicted and need some advice. We just got back from our appointment at Cranial Tech and the PT said that we are waiting on Kaylee's ears to move a little bit more. Everything else is done growing. Her head shape is complete, brow is fine, only about one milimeter of difference in her ears. Her right ear is more forward than her left. Okay, so anyway, we have 9 days till Christmas and then we fly out to New York the day after. It may sound vain...but I really don't want to have her in it for this trip. Well, at least not the whole time. We are going to visit a lot of family that I'm not sure she will ever see again (due to how old they are) and I'd just like to have pictures and moments with her without the helmet on. So I was thinking...would it be so bad if for the 10 days we are there, if I had her in it as much as possible, but then for visits with family, took it

off? I'm thinking being in it for 15 hours instead of 23 couldn't hurt too much, right? I don't know. I guess I'm ridiculous for being so vain, but I can't help it. The PT said "Ultimately, it's your decision. But her head grows all the time, not just when she's in it. So she might grow out of it." I seem to think she's being a little bit more cautious than is necessary. HELP! What do you all think?