RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: working with RP-Mike or

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mike,

So good to see a post from you through . So glad that you have accomplished something pretty important! Wow a graduate!

Now for the question that you asked. I have had RP for a number of years. (7 or more) I have worked at the same place for over 20 years so was am very fortunate to have an understanding boss then and now.

When I was first diagnosed I was one sick puppy...so sick that when I look back I don't know how I did it. Worked that is. Someone was definitely looking over my shoulder. I was able to keep the same job. I am a real go-getter so it takes a lot for me to miss any work at all. When I am sick they call to see if I am okay instead of me calling in. I have worked many a day when I wish I could have stayed home.

Now that the RP has settled down and they have me on the right meds I am able to lead a fairly normal life. Well normal for me anyway! I work 40 or more hours a week. I do have a pretty stressful job now but I love my job so that is what is important. I am able to stay in the office now and only fill in doing the job I used to when they are short handed.

The job I used to do was outdoors all night long. Rain, cold or heat, I worked outside. It was tough then especially with the RP. Cold weather on the nose all night does wonders. NOT! I worked out walking rounds and checking buildings, locking stuff up and making sure things were as they should be. I was a shift supervisor making important decisions for my employer and my crew. I was able to do all this when I was at my worst. Like I said someone watched out for me!

Like I said before I have done this work for over 20 years so I was lucky to have an boss who understood when I was sick. Most of the time the RP never kept me from doing my job but it sure did slow me up. Now I can work and only once in awhile RP becomes a real pain.

Hope you find as great a boss as I had/have and a job you truly love! Also hope this helped you.

Lots of love

Glenda

Fw: working with RP

Here is a post from an old member of our group. As you can see, he needs info from our members, so any help you can give, just might end up helping us in the long run one day.

Please send any responses to me and I will gladly forward them on to him.

Thank you in advance,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi

Long time no hear....hope your doing Ok. I'm in remission, and have been for quite awhile...well not exactly was on and off Pred but I don't really count that. It took only small doses to get it under control. Sore right ear. I am just about to finish a 10 month program at College in Vancouver. I will get my certificate as a Career Development Practitioner (employment counsellor). It's been a long haul but only 2 more classes and I'm done....yeaaaaaaaaaa..

I wanted to know how those in the group who are working are coping with RP...has there been any accomodations etc from the employer and so on. I know the site contains our stories about how we finally recognized it and what meds we are on, but I wanted to know about coping with RP and how one goes about working, if they are, with it. If you could provide me with any info it would be greatly appreciated. I hope your doing Ok and that life is treating you the way it should....stay in touch.

MikeDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU