RemedySpot.com

Re: To Newbie Barbara with lots of questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Barbara,

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear that you have RP but so glad you found us. Wow and another Barbara to boot. I hope I can help with some of your questions. If I can't there are others here who can. You will find that this is the greatest group of people that you will ever have the chance to meet. We all try to help each other in anyway we can.

I am 45 and have had RP for over 8 years. I too was diagnosed by a dermatologist. Treated for over a year by my regular dr. for an staph infection. I am currently on 100 mg of Imuran and pred. only when I flare. Flares are few and far between now that they have me on the right meds and even when I do flare now they are not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Yes there is hope that you will get the RP under control. Just read some of the current posts. There are a couple of people in the group who recently went into remission. There are a few who just recently went completely off the pred who have been on it for some time. So yes there is always hope. Another words never give up!

I know the feeling of being out of control. I am the same way. I like order. I was never sick before I got the RP. I hate Dr. and hospitals but have seen my fair share of both since I was diagnosed with the RP. Take RP a day at a time or less if it is being a pain. I have learned much patience but still have my days.LOL Put it this way. It has slowed me down but not put me at a stand still!LOL

Please tell us more about yourself and I look forward to getting to know you!

Lots of love

Glenda