RemedySpot.com

Re: [Rpolychondritis susie cue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi

so sorry that you are having such trouble, but when i first start on MTX I was having trouble with my blood sugars too. Usually mine were less than 100. but after starting mtx they went to 200 but after a while when my body adjusted to the MTX they went back to normal. If you read the side effects of the MTX you will see that this is one of the side effects. My dr. didn't want to believe me that was what was causing it, but i finally had to take the papers from the drugstore to my rheumy and let him read them, before he would believe me.

hope it gets better.

dawn

Ted Staniec wrote:

HI all:

Well I'm down to 20 on my pred for a week now & my left eye is swollen & so is the bridge of my nose. I am not real pleased. I took my 7th dose of MTX yesterday & that has me mildly nauseated for the week for the last couple of weeks. I go to the rheumy next Thurs, but I might call him about the swelling.

My sugars have also been running higher than my PCP would like. She was going through my chart & came across some lab results from the rheumy & my sugars were over 200. She has me checking them twice a day morning & dinner & they have been in the 130-140 with a couple of 150's thrown in and a 216 last Friday eve. But I'm pretty sure that was from the chocolate shake I had when I took my grandson to lunch. She is talking about more pills.

And of course my feet are still huge. The weather has been cool here so they haven't gotten worse like a few weeks ago when we were in the 80's. I really dread the warm weather. My feet barely bend now as it is.

Had another CT scan to check on the mass in my chest. Will call tomorrow for the results.

This is getting so frustrating. It's like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. All I want is to feel somewhat better, just a little bit. I am so tired all the time. I slept almost all day yesterday & was still tired. I think it is from the MTX.

Thanks for letting me vent.

SusiecueDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU